Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now or use the parts search box:

Parts Search

Learn appliance repair at online the Master Samurai Tech Academy.  Learn more.  Earn more.

FAQs | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Podcast | Contact

Tone Blair

DUMB GE FRIDGE, I HATE IT!

16 posts in this topic

Model num: PSC23MGPACC

It's a side by side.

The owners have replaced the main computer a couple years ago, and again 5 months ago.

(With a different company.)

The freezer temp is fluctuating, it will thaw itself out, then refreeze.

I replaced the main computer about a month ago, along with the Evaporator Thermistor a couple days ago.

The owner just called back and said the freezer is still acting up.

The Evaporator cover looks a little frosty, but when I remove the cover, the frost looks like its sucking warm air in.

I tested the defrost heaters, good to go, doors are closing good, dont see any signs of warm air being sucked in.

Evaporator fan appears to working fine.

I didnt check the Freezer Thermistor, or Fridge Thermistors.

Any Insights?

Thanks!

Anthony

Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now!

Gaskets good, anything else?

Intermittent compressor relay?

Worth a shot!

... The Evaporator cover looks a little frosty, but when I remove the cover, the frost looks like its sucking warm air in.

pictures ?

Didnt take pics, but i will when i head back

funky door alignment causes the damper to open and close intermittantly. One took me for a RIIIDE summer before last. How is the light switch on ref door??

So, I was writing this long dramatic story about how fu*king dumb I am, and I got kicked out the page somehow, and lost my story.

So, bottom line...

It was the Evap fan motor, that I thought I checked, which now in retrospect, I dont think I actually ever checked it.

I talked myself into it being the main board, the thermistor, some weird problem I've never encountered before and had to seek enlightenment from the Gurus.

I have no idea why I didnt think it was the fan, or why I didnt really even check it.

So let this be a lesson to all the morons out there!

A lot of time wasted, money wasted, parts wasted, brain cells wasted, all over nothing!!

Laugh it up guys!

Nothing to laugh about - we've all been there, You win though, 'cause You will never overlook that again, unlikely that we will remeber reading about it

I completely agree with Kdog.

Been there/done that---good learning experience.

We're only Doctors, Jim - not Magicians !

We can all learn a lesson... :thumbsup: .....................From a different work life....." A good machinist makes very few mistakes.....The best seem to make none at all, because they are artists at retrieval and salvage and are quiet about it "

No, don't know what you guys are talking about. I never did that before, nope never made that mistake....nope...uh uh. Never made any mistake in this business. As a matter of fact, last night  I spent four hours of mistake free time trying to figure out a Samsung fridge. I was utterly paralyzed into inaction..but I never made a mistake.

Even  the other day  when I  wired an infinite switch on a stove incorrectly causing a minor explosion....I did that by design...yep sure did....wanted to show customer what would happen if HE did the same thing and how dangerous it was and that is why he needed to hire me.

Mistakes? Ha! I spit in the face of mistakes and dare them to show up.

Edited by DurhamAppliance

Thanks Guys! Just when you think you know something about something, you realize you dont know shit! Haha!