Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now or use the parts search box:

Parts Search

Learn appliance repair at online the Master Samurai Tech Academy.  Learn more.  Earn more.

FAQs | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Podcast | Contact

GreenestOne

Duet Sport Washer:WFW8300Sw02

9 posts in this topic

Machine was making a loud, odd whinning noise when spinning at medium and high speeds. Error code was F-25.

I opened the back of the machine checked all of the connections between the MCU and drive motor, and the connections between the

the MCU and the main control. Everything looked good. I ran the machine through a quick wash cycle, and all the functions seemed to be normal.

(water input, agitation, different spins, during the wash-rinse, etc. The struts were all at the same extention with no grease dripping down.

The tub really maintained a steady, stable position during the wash, even in the final spins. However you could hear the loud wierd sound during the final spin outs, and a very slight wobbling of the shaft and exposed bearing.

Is this the beginning of bearing failure? I noticed on the end of the shaft there is an opening with a little grease showing. Can I use a gun and pump

some high temp grease in? If so what specific kind do I use?

Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now!

This is greenestone adding something: in regards to the F-25 error code, the various functions done during the wash cycle all seemed to be in a good sequence

and proper length of time.

Weird sounds may be from bad drum bearing. If the bearings are bad enough, they can start binding the drum during spin and cause tach errors. On other Duets, this will show up as F-06, which is also a tach error, like in this one:

Check the drum bearings using this technique:

2 people like this

Thanks Samurai. I just heard today that Whirlpool has put out a bearing kit where you do not have to replace the entire back half of the tub.

However, no one could tell me how labor intensive it is to replace the bearing with this new kit. Cost of kit is about $70.00.

I just heard today that Whirlpool has put out a bearing kit where you do not have to replace the entire back half of the tub.

Not heard about that. Do you have a part number for the kit?

there is a web site out there that sells these kits but its not a Factory autorized kit web site is called www.duetbearing.com i might do this repair if its my own but for a customer i dont think i would 2hrs min plus your not sure if that inner tub comes out or if that inner tub shaft is bent

1 person likes this

Domo for the info, Skiter!

i should add that it must be the same company but there is also kits avaiable for the neptune it its call www.neptunebearing.com

1 person likes this

make sure its not the motor bearings whining, i have heard that a few times, its more of a whining then a rumble.

1 person likes this