Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now or use the parts search box:

Parts Search

Learn appliance repair at online the Master Samurai Tech Academy.  Learn more.  Earn more.

FAQs | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Podcast | Contact

Boagie

100lb Propane Tank Installation

4 posts in this topic

Looking to install a wall type propane gas heater - What is the proper placement of the propane tank outside the house? Is there a certain distance it needs to be away from house, structure, window, electrical connections, etc.

Want to do the install myself. I fix appliances all day long, but this is a little different from what I am used to, so any advice would be appreciated.

Thanks!

Rodge

Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now!

LP tanks up to 150lbs can be installed next to the structure.

I should add that is in my code zone.

Some zones require a 10 foot relief..

Edited by jumptrout

You can pick up a REGO book at your local heating supply hse. Refer to nfpa 54, also, look at the mfrs instructions, there is a wealth of info there usually. Be advised that the average demand wall heater of 130kbtu needs a 3/4 in supply. Why not pay a few sheckels and have a pro help you out. Go modern, Go gas, Go boom!!!!!Surely you have a buddy or two down at the gas company.

make sure your insured for propane

as a contractor i no longer work on propane appliances , the insurance rider for propane was way to much money , so i dropped it

at home , make sure your homeowners insurance knows you are using propane for heat , portable heaters are ok , but attached heaters like a wall heater your insurance carrier needs to know about