Use this Search Box to Find Appliance Repair Help Now
Need help finding your model number?
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Welcome to Appliantology.org, the Web's Premiere Appliance Repair Resource for DIYers!

The world-famous Samurai Appliance Repair Forums

You can post a question and get repair help for FREE! Click here to get started.

Already a member of the Appliantology Academy? Just sign in with your username and password in the upper right-hand corner of the screen.

Photo

GE Front Loader Model # WHDVH626FWW

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 KenMoore

KenMoore

Ikkō-ikki

• Appliantologist
  • PipPip
  • 59 posts

Posted 19 November 2012 - 09:14 PM

A short history:

Original dispatch was for a water leak. Front bellows had hole torn in it, replaced bellows with nothing out of ordinary.

Recall with unit leaving clothes dripping wet. Checked unit found it going through cycles normally except for spin it is indexing but not going into high speed spin and will count down to 8 minutes the and reset clock to 11 minutes, Assuming it was a control issue I ordered the main control board in the console, installed it and it ran fine empty viola problem solved. Later that day customer calls still leaving load dripping wet. went through research here lead me to think it was a defective door lock ordered and installed today. Unit will run fine empty completely through cycle including high speed spin, but if I add a couple of towels it will run through till spin cycle and it will not ramp up to high speed spin. Thought maybe it was a weak pump so I tested for volume and elevated drain hose to check for pressure issues in both test pump performed correctly .

My next check will be with what GE calls an inverter. I have no idea what it does but it is situated in the same location and the motor controller on the Whirlpool models. Do you have any ideas why its not spinning or completing cycle ?

Use the Appliantology Parts Search Box to Find What You Need!
Enter your model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

#2 Samurai Appliance Repair Man

Samurai Appliance Repair Man

Shōgun

• Master Samurai Tech
  • 29,046 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Sapporo Original Draft Rice Lager

Posted 20 November 2012 - 07:04 AM

Put the unit in diagnostic mode and run through all the unit operations, including the spin test, and check for stored error codes. If the drum shakes violently during spin with a load or won't ramp up to 1100 RPM during the test, there may be a

- footing issue where one of the footings is not all the way down causing an imbalance

- broken shock absorber (damper)

- loose counterweight, tighten all the counterweight bolts

- bad bearing or drum support spider.

Other things to check:

- drain hose siphoning

- Check for air leak in pressure switch hose. An air leak can cause too high of a water fill, failure to pump out all water, or unbalanced loads due to excess water weight. If faulty in T06 test, the water may not stop flling at “Foam” level when F is displayed. Run entire T06 test to confirm.

#3 KenMoore

KenMoore

Ikkō-ikki

• Appliantologist
  • PipPip
  • 59 posts

Posted 20 November 2012 - 09:01 AM

it runs good in diag. mode spins at both speed . high speed over speed a little .. what does the inverter do ?

#4 Samurai Appliance Repair Man

Shōgun

• Master Samurai Tech
  • 29,046 posts

Posted 20 November 2012 - 10:00 AM

I have posted hard-won pearls of wisdom on this machine for you. Can you snatch them from my hand or will you despise them in favor of a circuit board Hail Mary pass?

Forget about in the inverter. If the basket spins and tumbles, the inverter is fine.

I caution you to not be negligent in carefully checking out the pressure hose lest you be like the parts changing monkey whose mess I cleaned up in this video:

#5 KenMoore

KenMoore

Ikkō-ikki

• Appliantologist
  • PipPip
  • 59 posts

Posted 20 November 2012 - 01:35 PM

Most Honorable Sensi, Please take no offense in my hesitation in following your advice. I am on my way to check the machine and will keep you in the loop as to the repair progress, but was curious as to what the inverter does as I am beginning to see more and more of these machines in my corner of the world. BTW classy video, is there an index to the location of these pearls of wisdom .

#6 Samurai Appliance Repair Man

Shōgun

• Master Samurai Tech
  • 29,046 posts

Posted 20 November 2012 - 03:29 PM

Most Honorable Sensi, Please take no offense in my hesitation in following your advice.

None taken!

I am on my way to check the machine and will keep you in the loop as to the repair progress,

Please do!

but was curious as to what the inverter does as I am beginning to see more and more of these machines in my corner of the world.

It's a phase inverter to control the motor speed and direction of rotation.

BTW classy video, is there an index to the location of these pearls of wisdom .

Subscribe to my Youtube channel, why dontcha? :dazzler:

http://www.youtube.c...amurairepairman

#7 KenMoore

KenMoore

Ikkō-ikki

• Appliantologist
  • PipPip
  • 59 posts

Posted 20 November 2012 - 10:44 PM

Dang the next thing you know, you'll be able to make a phone call from your car

Edited by KenMoore, 20 November 2012 - 10:45 PM.

#8 kdog

kdog

RoughShod

• Appliantology Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,465 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Dickens Cider

Posted 20 November 2012 - 11:53 PM

Help us keep the lights on: buy appliance parts here ==> http://repairclinic.com

For service manuals and lots of other goodies, become an Apprentice ==> Apprenticeship

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Use the Appliantology Parts Finder to Get What You Need!
Enter a model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.

Your Sometimes-Lucid Host:
"If I can't help you fix your appliance and make you 100% satisfied, I will come to your home and slice open my belly,
spilling my steaming entrails onto your floor."

The Appliance Guru | AppliancePartsResource.com | Samurai's Blog

Real Time Analytics