Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now or use the parts search box:

Parts Search

Check out our online tech training courses at Master Samurai Tech…

Click here to check out our structured, online appliance repair training courses for rookies and experienced techs.

FAQs | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Podcast | Contact

Stay connected with us...

Samurai on Facebook - become a fan today! Sign up for our free newsletter and keep up with all things Appliantology. Subscribe to our YouTube channel for lots of appliance repair tips and help! Follow the Samurai on Twitter and get timely morsels of Appliantological Wisdom! Subscribe to our MST Radio podcast to learn secrets of the trade.
ChrisandCheryl

Maytag Bravos washer (MTW6600TQ0) noise

6 posts in this topic

Hello-the wife wanted me to call the Maytag man, but according to all those old commercials he off somewhere just sitting around...so I thought I would give it a shot (not my field though). Just reading around, it looked like a popular fix for the Bravos model (for noise complaints) was to replace the basket hub assembly. Which I did last night no luck) I also checked the suspension rods and all 4 rods look good and secure. I should have paid more attention to the noise it was making and how it was being generated, almost sounds like a coin or screw are stuck in the tub, and it would make the noise when spinning. However after further watching it go through the cycles - it doesn’t make the noise at the start of the wash when the machine first starts the rinse cycle and spins. Just an observation, but it only seems to act up when the washer is trying to remove the water...either spinning or not. I can email a short clip of it in action, hope it is recognizable. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks Chris.

Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now!

something stuck in the pump more than likely a coin you can go underneath and the pump comes apart

I'll give it a try and let you know, thanks.

Samurai Appliance Repair Man & Skiter29,

Just got through hooking up all the supply lines....I removed the pump and guess what fell out, just a penny. Not a nickel, dime, or quarter...just one cent. I should have gotten paid more than that. But hey thanks for the help. Chris