Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now or use the parts search box:

Parts Search

Isn’t it time to know what you don’t know?

Click here to check out our structured, online appliance repair training courses for rookies and experienced techs.

FAQs | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Podcast | Contact

Stay connected with us...

Samurai on Facebook - become a fan today! Sign up for our free newsletter and keep up with all things Appliantology. Subscribe to our YouTube channel for lots of appliance repair tips and help! Follow the Samurai on Twitter and get timely morsels of Appliantological Wisdom! Subscribe to our MST Radio podcast to learn secrets of the trade.
certified tech group 51

Viking D/W # VDB 450 SS

4 posts in this topic

Customers complaint "Will not start" The display is flashing/blinking for ( 3 left buttons ) Pots/Pans--Normal wash---Econo wash.......Push and hold cancel button for four seconds and the 3 lights stop flashing and last cycle selected button/light will flash...................Push the start button, close the door but with-in 4 seconds the three left buttons/ lights start to flash.....You can hear relays click from the control board , located lower left, shoved under the unit ............The use and care guide states to 'Push the start button and close the door with-in four seconds'............I accessed the door switch and the door switch was depressed ( on position ??)............... No wire diagram/schematic found on the machine.....................The lady stated that it has been doing this for a while, possibly for the past year, getting more frequent...She just pressed 'cancel' and then 'start' and it would work...........I was leaning towards the door switch.............Combing the fix-it sites I found the exact complaint and the FixYa site, the guy stated a 'drain problem'........I hate to have to pull a unit and chase wires, but............................Another statement listed this Viking as an Asco model # DBF450, but I ain't seen one of them either..................................P.S. found the fault code for the three flashing buttons, it states " Flood Sensor Disconnect " is at fault............Rats, I did not see any water in the bottom, much less a " Flood Sensor Disconnect"..... Now I gotta find a loose connection... .

Edited by certified tech group 51

Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now!

Unit fixed............Gotta service manual from Viking .........Replaced the Moisture Sensor and the wire harness........Story in the Dojo, complete with pictures ......................

what is the dojo and how do I as Professional Appliantologist find it and read it and fix my customer's dishwasher???

The Dojo is a tech-only forum that you have access to.  Go to the Appliantology home page and scan down the list of forums, you'll see it.  

The best way to fix your customer's dishwasher, though, is to simply start a new topic here in the Kitchen forum.  Be sure to include the complete model number and a good problem description.