Use this Search Box to Find Appliance Repair Help Now
Need help finding your model number?
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Welcome to Appliantology.org, the Web's Premiere Appliance Repair Resource for DIYers!

The world-famous Samurai Appliance Repair Forums

You can post a question and get repair help for FREE! Click here to get started.

Already a member of the Appliantology Academy? Just sign in with your username and password in the upper right-hand corner of the screen.

Photo

Viking D/W # VDB 450 SS

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 certified tech group 51

certified tech group 51

Sensei

• Appliantology Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,512 posts

Posted 20 November 2012 - 10:43 AM

Customers complaint "Will not start" The display is flashing/blinking for ( 3 left buttons ) Pots/Pans--Normal wash---Econo wash.......Push and hold cancel button for four seconds and the 3 lights stop flashing and last cycle selected button/light will flash...................Push the start button, close the door but with-in 4 seconds the three left buttons/ lights start to flash.....You can hear relays click from the control board , located lower left, shoved under the unit ............The use and care guide states to 'Push the start button and close the door with-in four seconds'............I accessed the door switch and the door switch was depressed ( on position ??)............... No wire diagram/schematic found on the machine.....................The lady stated that it has been doing this for a while, possibly for the past year, getting more frequent...She just pressed 'cancel' and then 'start' and it would work...........I was leaning towards the door switch.............Combing the fix-it sites I found the exact complaint and the FixYa site, the guy stated a 'drain problem'........I hate to have to pull a unit and chase wires, but............................Another statement listed this Viking as an Asco model # DBF450, but I ain't seen one of them either..................................P.S. found the fault code for the three flashing buttons, it states " Flood Sensor Disconnect " is at fault............Rats, I did not see any water in the bottom, much less a " Flood Sensor Disconnect"..... Now I gotta find a loose connection... .

Edited by certified tech group 51, 20 November 2012 - 11:58 AM.

Use the Appliantology Parts Search Box to Find What You Need!
Enter your model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

#2 certified tech group 51

certified tech group 51

Sensei

• Appliantology Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,512 posts

Posted 08 December 2012 - 12:19 PM

Unit fixed............Gotta service manual from Viking .........Replaced the Moisture Sensor and the wire harness........Story in the Dojo, complete with pictures ......................

#3 STAR Appliance Repair

STAR Appliance Repair

Unsui

• Professional Appliantologist
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Newcastle

Posted 19 May 2014 - 05:47 PM

what is the dojo and how do I as Professional Appliantologist find it and read it and fix my customer's dishwasher???

#4 Samurai Appliance Repair Man

Samurai Appliance Repair Man

Shōgun

• Fermented Grand Master
  • 28,816 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Sapporo Original Draft Rice Lager

Posted 20 May 2014 - 06:42 AM

The Dojo is a tech-only forum that you have access to.  Go to the Appliantology home page and scan down the list of forums, you'll see it.  

The best way to fix your customer's dishwasher, though, is to simply start a new topic here in the Kitchen forum.  Be sure to include the complete model number and a good problem description.  

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Use the Appliantology Parts Finder to Get What You Need!
Enter a model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.

Your Sometimes-Lucid Host:
Samurai Appliance Repair Man
"If I can't help you fix your appliance and make you 100% satisfied, I will come to your home and slice open my belly,
spilling my steaming entrails onto your floor."

The Appliance Guru | AppliancePartsResource.com | Samurai's Blog

Real Time Analytics