Click here to check out this guide

FAQs | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Contact

• Upcoming Events

• 30 March 2024 02:00 PM Until 03:00 PM
      All Appliantology tech members are invited to join in this workshop on all things Appliantological: bidness, customers, tools, troubleshooting, flavorite brewski, whatever. Webcams and microphones are open and live!
      This workshop is also a great time for any students at Master Samurai Tech to bring any and all questions about the coursework. We're happy to walk through any concepts you're having trouble with. Think of it like office hours with your teachers. 
      If you have a specific appliance problem you'd like us to talk about, post it here! We need a problem statement and a PDF of the tech sheet or schematic so we can all see it on screen share. If you have a PDF that isn't already in the File library here at Appliantology, send it to us by attaching it to the contact form. 
      Also, follow this Calendar Event so you'll get notified of new posts here. Look for the "Follow" button either at the top of the topic on desktop or below the topic on mobile.
      Who: This workshop is only available to tech members at Appliantology.
      When: Saturday, March 30 @10:00 AM Eastern Time.
      Where: Online via Zoom
      How:
      Click here to go to the forum topic with the registration link. If you're interested, register now. Arrive a couple minutes early to make sure your connection is working. Set a reminder for yourself for this workshop so you don’t miss it.  And check out past workshops here: https://appliantology.org/announcement/33-webinar-recordings-index-page/

Lg washer m#wm0642hw/01

pumps

Looking for a service manual and tech sheet on this. I was there and fixed her Whirlpool washer and she has this LG sitting in the garage she said she'd like to fix too. It lights up when you plug it in but I didn't have water access at the time. Opened it up looking for the tech sheet to get into diagnostics but not to be found. It has been unhooked for a while and she couldn't remember exactly what the problem was but she thinks it wouldn't spin. I think I could hook it up to the garden hose and an extension cord in the driveway if I have to to test but not without more info. Thanks in advance.

SERIAL NUMBER helps quite a bit.

Two common faults occurred on the WM0642 models (again Serial Number narrows-down build date) and they were...

1) Failed HALL EFFECT SENSOR

2) ROTOR splines stripped (no threadlocker on 17mm bolt--a factory goof-up)

Requires new ROTOR and threadlocker added to 17mm bolt.

• Like 1

June 2008.

Hall Effect Sensor should be fine (already improved).

Check the ROTOR at the rear of the washer (remove access panel).

If the 17mm bolt that secures the ROTOR can removed by hand---without a socket---that's an instant indication the ROTOR is likely stripped.

Remove the ROTOR and examine the splines...

Edited by john63
  • Like 1

8-------------> Year of manufacture

06-----------> Month of manufacture

K------------> Country of Origin (S. Korea)

WUC-------> Factory ID

1150-------> One thousand one hundred fiftieth WM0642 washer built during month of June 2008 at plant/factory "WUC"

Edited by john63