Use this Search Box to Find Appliance Repair Help Now
Need help finding your model number?
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Welcome to Appliantology.org, the Web's Premiere Appliance Repair Resource for DIYers!

The world-famous Samurai Appliance Repair Forums

You can post a question and get repair help for FREE! Click here to get started.

Already a member of the Appliantology Academy? Just sign in with your username and password in the upper right-hand corner of the screen.

Photo

kenmore mod. 110.45862403

motor not runong

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 serv.man

serv.man

IkkĊ-ikki

• Chief Appliantologist
  • PipPip
  • 33 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:martini

Posted 21 November 2012 - 10:46 AM

Ran diagnostic test motor never ran. Customer said it would start and run for a while then flash fo6 code. Which is motor tach code. Checked wiring could not find any wrong. My problem is determing the most likely suspect the ccu or mcu or motor is there anyway to isolate which one. HERB

Use the Appliantology Parts Search Box to Find What You Need!
Enter your model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

#2 kdog

kdog

RoughShod

• Appliantology Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,465 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Dickens Cider

Posted 21 November 2012 - 05:06 PM

You can measure the motor windings for resistance, all three should be the same (pins 1,2,3 at motor plug- approx 6 ohms) the tach can also be measuerd there at pins 4-5, some high resistance to be expected there. Common for these to come loose at motor connection - if measurements for motor are ok and youre getting power into the motor control (120 at N-L) you need a new controller.

You can also test the tach by measuring 4-5 with meter set on Ac volts and turn the motor - it should show a low voltage when you turn the motor by hand.

http://www.repaircli...er=110.45862403

Motor-Control-Board-8182706-00639888.jpg

Help us keep the lights on: buy appliance parts here ==> http://repairclinic.com

For service manuals and lots of other goodies, become an Apprentice ==> Apprenticeship

#3 kdog

kdog

RoughShod

• Appliantology Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,465 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Dickens Cider

Posted 21 November 2012 - 05:15 PM

And the Motor if needed (tach inside):
http://www.repaircli...er=110.45862403

Drive-Motor-8182793-01273552.jpg

Help us keep the lights on: buy appliance parts here ==> http://repairclinic.com

For service manuals and lots of other goodies, become an Apprentice ==> Apprenticeship

#4 nickfixit

nickfixit

Sensei

• Appliantology Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,172 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Glen Livit

Posted 21 November 2012 - 10:31 PM

look for a broken wire near the wire-tie that holds the harness to the side off the MCU. I've found a few with breaks in the harness at that point.
" Giving numerical data to Sears management is like giving a monkey a machine gun. No one knows for certain what will happen, but you can be sure of two things... It will be real messy, and only the monkey will be unharmed"

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Use the Appliantology Parts Finder to Get What You Need!
Enter a model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.

Your Sometimes-Lucid Host:
Samurai Appliance Repair Man
"If I can't help you fix your appliance and make you 100% satisfied, I will come to your home and slice open my belly,
spilling my steaming entrails onto your floor."

The Appliance Guru | Master Samurai Tech

Real Time Analytics