Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now or use the parts search box:

Parts Search

Learn appliance repair at online the Master Samurai Tech Academy.  Learn more.  Earn more.

FAQs | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Podcast | Contact

• Announcements

• Samurai Appliance Repair Man

***READ THIS PRIOR TO STARTING A NEW TOPIC***   05/02/2016

Topics with the complete and accurate model number in the topic title will get priority attention. You can validate your model number by entering into the form on this page: http://www.repairclinic.com/?clearLs=true For more help on using Appliantology effectively, please see this page:  
dryerman45

GE WASHER WONT SPIN-GE DRYER STOPS IN AUTO DRY

13 posts in this topic

Dear Master,

I have a Ge washer mod# WLSR2000G2WW.It drains but doesnt spin.It just sits there unless you manually advance timer by 0ne or two clicks,then operates normally.TIMER?

Also the same matching GE dryer mod# DLLLR23EG0WW. It works fine on Manual timer select but auto dry runs for about 15 minutes then shuts off.Moisture sensor?

Please help

Thank you,

unsei

Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now!

Samanera

• 4f35c47040df224772fd2ff1010321bc?s=100&d=http%3A%2F%2Fappliantology.org%2Fpublic%2Fstyle_images%2Fmaster%2Fprofile%2Fdefault_large.png
  • Chief Apprentice Appliantologist
  • bullet_black.png
  • 5 posts

• Flavorite Brew:rootbeer

Posted 21 November 2012 - 11:38 AM

Dear Master,

I have a Ge washer mod# WLSR2000G2WW.It drains but doesnt spin.It just sits there unless you manually advance timer by 0ne or two clicks,then operates normally.TIMER?

Also the same matching GE dryer mod# DLLLR23EG0WW. It works fine on Manual timer select but auto dry runs for about 15 minutes then shuts off.Moisture sensor?

Please help

Thank you,

unsei would someone please respond to this

Topics merged

Dear Master,

By "operates normally" after you manually advance the timer, do you mean that it will spin? If so, then it does sound like a dead spot in the timer ==> http://www.repairclinic.com/PartDetail/Timer/WH12X10338/1264490?modelNumber=WLSR2000G2WW

Timer-WH12X10338-01044934.jpg

Make sure both the elements are good. If one element is open it can cause this problem.

Element ==> http://www.repairclinic.com/PartDetail/Heating-Element/WE11M23/844418?modelNumber=DLLLR23EG0WW

Heating-Element-WE11M23-00823756.jpg

Thank you so much,

I will go back to this nice customer with these parts and will let you know what I find.

Dear Master,

Both elements are good.Have continuity on both and physically checked for breaks .Where do I go from here?

Thank you.

Samanera

PS the timer did correct the washer problem

Clean out blower housing and try drying a load with vent disconnected

HI,I have a GE dryer model#DLLLR23EG0WW.Works fine in timed dry,but stops when in auto dry after approx 15 minutes.I have checked both heater elements and they have continuity and are physically ok.Iam thinking the cycling thermostat may be the culprit,

Can anyone help that has seen this problem before.

Grateful,

SAMANERA

Topics merged

This Dryer ?

How did that test go with the vent disconnected ?

I am going back to the customers hoiuse tommorow I will let you know.I dont understand what good it will do because the unit works fine in the timed selection.May be you could help me understand

thank you

SAMANERA

... the unit works fine in the timed selection

does it actually dry the clothes within one hour ?

Yes it does dry the clothes in the timed selection.