LIMITED TIME OFFER: Use code 10YEARS10 to get 10% off your Appliantology membership. Click here for more ×
Click here to check out our on-demand appliance repair training webinars.

FAQs | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Contact

DISCLOSURE: We may earn a commission when you use one of our coupons/links to make a purchase.
  • Upcoming Events

No upcoming events found

1963 condo with wall heater replace with fireplace?

dfphoto

Hi I am in escrow on a condo in the Los Angeles, Ca. area. I am wondering if anyone has insight or information on swapping an old wall heater with a gas fireplace. Not much information on this online, when you walk in the front door your eye goes across the room to the wall heater, not the visual element I would like to see. The current wall heater is approximately 24-36" from a doorway on the left side the wall is approximately 7-8'.

Not sure how venting goes in an older place so wondering if I was to replace this wall heater would I have to move the vent if any or add a vent, if I have to add one in the wall it would go up between my unit and the unit above me, how would I then vent outside if this is necessary.

Thanks David

• Replies 1
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• kdog

• dfphoto

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

You will require a B vent (double walls) and exhasted outside in the shorted route possible. check your local gascodes for specifics as they vary depending on which direction it faces/prevailing winds etc. and distance to any openings in the structure. Gasline must be an approved install as well.