Use this Search Box to Find Appliance Repair Help Now
Need help finding your model number?
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Welcome to Appliantology.org, the Web's Premiere Appliance Repair Resource for DIYers!

The world-famous Samurai Appliance Repair Forums

You can post a question and get repair help for FREE! Click here to get started.

Already a member of the Appliantology Academy? Just sign in with your username and password in the upper right-hand corner of the screen.

Photo

GE Washer #WPGT9350CF

Noise in spin cycle

• Please log in to reply
22 replies to this topic

#1 Patricio

Patricio

Opa

• Appliantology Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,352 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Home brewed ice tea

Posted 22 November 2012 - 11:02 AM

Going to look at a GE washer that the complaint is noise in spin cycle, not much other info than that. ??any clues?? Happy Thanksgiving.
I see says the blind man, leading a lame dog, while talking to a deaf person. In other words, Not liable if you choose to follow my opinion.
IgonFishn

Use the Appliantology Parts Search Box to Find What You Need!
Enter your model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

#2 kdog

kdog

RoughShod

• Appliantology Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,465 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Dickens Cider

Posted 22 November 2012 - 08:22 PM

New one on me, looks like an LG topload, possibly nail(s) caught in tubholes ?

Otherwise ........

http://www.repaircli...9X10003/1089364

Basket-Drive-WH39X10003-00777178.jpg

Help us keep the lights on: buy appliance parts here ==> http://repairclinic.com

For service manuals and lots of other goodies, become an Apprentice ==> Apprenticeship

#3 kdog

kdog

RoughShod

• Appliantology Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,465 posts

Posted 22 November 2012 - 08:33 PM

Service Manual
Help us keep the lights on: buy appliance parts here ==> http://repairclinic.com

For service manuals and lots of other goodies, become an Apprentice ==> Apprenticeship

#4 Patricio

Patricio

Opa

• Appliantology Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,352 posts

Posted 23 November 2012 - 09:52 PM

This unit is very noisy, it does not sound like bearings I have heard. Has a thumping noise that has a constant rythem & increases in volume intensisty as a heavier load is spun.

Does the Basket Drive, inner tub drive system w/bearing, come as a complete package with motor assembly (rotor & stator), clutch shifter assembly & hall sensor. The machine works like nothing is wrong. Customer wants it to sound like it did before...quiet. New machine to me.

Also, I had it display its recorded errors which were two: 1).Serial communication link between washer & dryer is down. Dryer is working fine reporting the washers data. 2). Serial communication link between main PCB & inverter PCB is down. Unit seems to work OK other than the noise.

Tentative plan is to order Baskit drive & install in unit. All replies will be greatly appreciated & furthering my education will help me be a better & more experianced technician.
I see says the blind man, leading a lame dog, while talking to a deaf person. In other words, Not liable if you choose to follow my opinion.
IgonFishn

#5 kdog

kdog

RoughShod

• Appliantology Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,465 posts

Posted 23 November 2012 - 11:59 PM

I have not serviced this particular machine either, so I have no trix to offer - judging by the listed parts available, the motor parts all come seperately. Operation of this machine seems that it would be similar to a Cabrio/Bravos/oasis - if you can remove the motor cover (rotor) you may see telltale signs of waterleak through bearings(basket drive). Parts List: http://www.repaircli...GT9350CF-==&n=2

#6 Samurai Appliance Repair Man

Samurai Appliance Repair Man

Shōgun

• Master Samurai Tech
  • 29,045 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Sapporo Original Draft Rice Lager

Posted 24 November 2012 - 08:16 AM

Remove the inner basket and check for coins or gookus caught between it and the outer tub. Also...

Posted Image

#7 mark mac

mark mac

Sōhei

• Sublime Master of Appliantology
  • PipPipPip
  • 235 posts

Posted 24 November 2012 - 08:55 AM

you should do good with part 170 make sure plastic linkage is not broke between shift actuator have do get basket nut off should be 38mm socket

#8 sh2sh2

sh2sh2

Senpai

• Sublime Master of Appliantology
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 619 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:yeunling

Posted 24 November 2012 - 10:20 AM

i have seen parts 340 and 345 break causing noise, but it was more of a ratcheting noise

#9 Patricio

Patricio

Opa

• Appliantology Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,352 posts

Posted 24 November 2012 - 12:44 PM

Y

i have seen parts 340 and 345 break causing noise, but it was more of a ratcheting noise

I believe the noice was ratcheting is the best description so far.

Any clue how to get the cabinet off. The top has close tolerances to the body, don't think it is like other profiles where I can slip putty knife under to disengage clips.

The manual Kdog posted does tell how to break into the cabinet, only how to dismantle parts.
IgonFishn

#10 Samurai Appliance Repair Man

Shōgun

• Master Samurai Tech
  • 29,045 posts

Posted 24 November 2012 - 01:06 PM

Disassembly is in this manual, starting on page 29.

#11 Patricio

Patricio

Opa

• Appliantology Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,352 posts

Posted 24 November 2012 - 11:16 PM

I hate computer screens & scrooling. Like books better, don't miss pages that way plus write notes. Thanks Samurai.
IgonFishn

#12 kdog

kdog

RoughShod

• Appliantology Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,465 posts

Posted 25 November 2012 - 12:26 AM

Hear, hear - I still prefer a printed version of the newspaper too - try swatting a fly or emergency asswipe with an IPad ....................

#13 Scottthewolf

Scottthewolf

Senpai

• Appliantology Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,810 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Dunkin Donuts Coffee

Posted 25 November 2012 - 03:12 AM

This machine was made with help from LG
Scott Wolf

#14 kdog

kdog

RoughShod

• Appliantology Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,465 posts

Posted 25 November 2012 - 04:12 PM

looks like an LG topload,

#15 Patricio

Patricio

Opa

• Appliantology Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,352 posts

Posted 15 December 2012 - 11:25 AM

Update:    Finally received Basket assembly & installed last week.    Roaring noise gone, but could not see anny evidence of seal leaking or bearing being bad. Did find a small chip of gear broke off of clutch gear.    Have a new problem loud vibration sound I think is coming from drain pump.  It makes the noise when pump drains and really gets loud when pump sucks air.  Figgured pump going out.  customer was ok with it for now but wants to know what pump replacement will cost

Customer called this morning Saying machine making more noise than ever.  Will be going back tomorrow to take pump off & inspect.   Don't think anything wrong with former repair.  looked for cracks in tub & basket & spider gear did not find any.

Suggestions?

IgonFishn

#16 kdog

kdog

RoughShod

• Appliantology Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,465 posts

Posted 16 December 2012 - 02:43 AM

Looks like the pump has a cleanout trap - if there was a tooth broken from the clutch coupling - you may have an issue with actuator motor/cam as mentioned previous - you changed the basket ???

Similar topic is current here: http://appliantology...le/#entry244250

#17 Patricio

Patricio

Opa

• Appliantology Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,352 posts

Posted 16 December 2012 - 04:20 PM

Changed the basket,  The old basket Has a small chip in one of the gear tooth.     Customer called back & said that unit is vibrating & noisy.  Also mentioned that top plastic ring is being chewed up.   I'l  find out in the morning.

IgonFishn

#18 Patricio

Patricio

Opa

• Appliantology Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,352 posts

Posted 16 December 2012 - 04:49 PM

Not even sure it is a small chip or just a tit in manufacturing.   What I know is the thumping growling roar was gone last wednesday.   Had a vibration coming from drain pump.   Going to spend sometime in the morning to figure what is wrong.  Maybe the bolt loosened,  Had it tight, maybe I need lock tight.

IgonFishn

#19 Patricio

Patricio

Opa

• Appliantology Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,352 posts

Posted 17 December 2012 - 03:42 PM

Problem was Inner basket was rubbing against tub ring when a heavy load was washed.   Disasembled unit & on close inspection, inner tub had washer left in place after tub seal was originally extracted.  New basket assembly has new tub seal incorporated on assembly shaft.  Something to take note of for future repairs.   That extra space apperantly caused enough vibration to allow basket bolt to loosen & allow rubbing at high spin.  Reassembled applied extra torque to all major nuts & bolts.    Used a load of jeans to test run.   Still had a lite rapping noise,  So examined again & found pressure sensor tube was boucing against tub causing the thump noise.    Tub rock & rolls (normal washer action) but has no vibration or roaring in tub,basket assembly.  Unit works good.

drain pump has excessive vibration & noise especially when sucking air.   Cleaned out drain lines & pump impellor to no advail.    Pump is ordered along withspanner nut (flat washer part is correded & has broken off pieces.  Going to replace at no charge as good will service.  Have two refers that I am waiting for parts on that customer also needs repair.  Total repairs for this customer is over $1K.   My repututation has just increased a thousand times even though I kicked this job intially. :thumbsup:

IgonFishn

#20 Samurai Appliance Repair Man

Shōgun

• Master Samurai Tech
  • 29,045 posts

Posted 17 December 2012 - 03:51 PM

Great info, Patricio!  Domo for posting the outcome.  Extra credit for purdy pitchers!   :blinky:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Use the Appliantology Parts Finder to Get What You Need!
Enter a model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.

Your Sometimes-Lucid Host:
"If I can't help you fix your appliance and make you 100% satisfied, I will come to your home and slice open my belly,
spilling my steaming entrails onto your floor."

The Appliance Guru | AppliancePartsResource.com | Samurai's Blog

Real Time Analytics