Learn appliance repair at the Samurai Tech Academy.  Learn more.  Earn more.

Parts Search
Site Search

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Welcome to Appliantology.org, the Web's Premiere Appliance Repair Resource!

The world-famous Samurai Appliance Repair Forums

To get started, click here.

Already a member of the Appliantology Academy? Just sign in with your username and password in the upper right-hand corner of the screen.

Photo

Need HELP with Viking Freezer..

Viking bottom mount

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 bresnan01

bresnan01

Unsui

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Stella

Posted 26 November 2012 - 02:36 PM

Hello everyone! This fourm is awesome from what I have seen so far. Now for my problem...We have a Viking Built-in bottom mount Freezer. MODEL # DFBB363L, SERIAL # 062104H0000000916. When we remodeled our kitchen, I had always wanted a Viking 6 burner, fridge and dishwasher. I think I kind of regret it now!! Had lots of issues with the stove which for now are ok. (sorry I ramble sometimes :turned: ) The problem we are having with the freezer is that it starts to make a "pond" of ice that grows out of the vents in the bottom of the freezer which after a little buildup makes the drawer hard to open and close! I had previously searched the web for anything on this, and saw many suggestions. One which I did that seemed to work was take the panel off, defrost the ice around the coils and drain, and wrap a few turns of copper wire onto the bottom loop of the coils. Now, if that is real gypsy - PLEASE TELL ME, and feel free to kick me.. LOL. I am at my wits end over this. I have had the Viking "Preferred" service here twice before for the stove, and the second time told the tech to get out! He attempted to take the burner caps off the stove with a pipe wrench after asking me to borrow mine! He said he did NOT have the spanner wrench that was made for it!! UGH!!!!! HELP....
THANKS EVERYONE!!

-Bill
(newbie)

Use the Appliantology Parts Search Box to Find What You Need!
Enter your model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

#2 RegUS_PatOff

RegUS_PatOff

Sensei

• Academy Instructor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 33,588 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Chief NTSC Black & White

Posted 26 November 2012 - 03:25 PM

... starts to make a "pond" of ice that grows out of the vents in the bottom of the freezer
... wrap a few turns of copper wire onto the bottom loop of the coils.

yes, could be that the Freezer Drain Tube is frozen OR clogged with a pea or other small article.
This may be your service manual
http://appliantology...service-manual/

one of my video productions: “Easter Seals: Walk With Me”

every day is Down Syndrome Awareness Day
"A Child Is Waiting" . Burt Lancaster . Judy Garland . 1962

RegUS_PatOff > www.youtube.com/watch?v=oPAY2LsKVEw

#3 KurtiusInterupptus

KurtiusInterupptus

B.M.F.

• Appliantology Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,879 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Killians Red

Posted 26 November 2012 - 07:14 PM

So did you actually wrap the wire around the coil or the calrod heater?
Should have been the heater...not sure if you still have this issue or are checking to see what we thought of your "rig".
(That is the tech approved method of dealing with this, btw)
As every cockroach knows , thriving on poisons is the secret of success.

#4 bresnan01

bresnan01

Unsui

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Stella

Posted 27 November 2012 - 09:04 AM

Thanks guys!
The drain is clear each time I defrost it - nothing in it but ICE. Yes, I did wrap the wire around the heater - it helps for a little bit, then same thing keeps happening, just longer intervals. Ugh!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Use the Appliantology Parts Finder to Get What You Need!
Enter a model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

Your Sometimes-Lucid Host:
Samurai Appliance Repair Man
"If I can't help you fix your appliance and make you 100% satisfied, I will come to your home and slice open my belly,
spilling my steaming entrails onto your floor."

The Appliance Guru | Master Samurai Tech

Real Time Analytics