Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now or use the parts search box:

Parts Search

Learn appliance repair at online the Master Samurai Tech Academy.  Learn more.  Earn more.

FAQs | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Podcast | Contact

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
gcw1

Whirpool touchpads

5 posts in this topic

Is it only me is somebody else replacing a ton of Maytag, Whirlpool and kitchen-aid dishwasher touchpads because of moisture?? Have they done anything to correct it?

Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now!

Is it only me is somebody else replacing a ton of Maytag, Whirlpool and kitchen-aid dishwasher touchpads because of moisture??

Not only you. Carry about 20 different touchpads on my truck, and still have to order a lot of them...

Have they done anything to correct it?

Apparently not. Did see where they wrapped some extra plastic (tape) around the ribbon for awhile, but that isn't where the isssue is, so they stopped doing that... Haven't done anything else to try and improve them since. The newer touchpads are even flakier, if that is possible, than the old ones...

2 people like this

Update: Apparently Whirlpool has asked for 2 different touchpads carried on my truck to be returned as "unsellable". I can only wonder what that is all about...

2 people like this

The ones that fail the most are the hidden touchpads on the top of the doors on the dishwashers.

1 person likes this

The ones that fail the most are the hidden touchpads on the top of the doors on the dishwashers.

Or any dishwasher touchpad that has the word "Maytag"  anywhere near the keypad...

1 person likes this

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0