Use this Search Box to Find Appliance Repair Help Now
Need help finding your model number?
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Welcome to Appliantology.org, the Web's Premiere Appliance Repair Resource for DIYers!

The world-famous Samurai Appliance Repair Forums

You can post a question and get repair help for FREE! Click here to get started.

Already a member of the Appliantology Academy? Just sign in with your username and password in the upper right-hand corner of the screen.

Photo

Belt Installation on Maytag washer MAH4000AWQ

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 panamared

panamared

Samanera

• Chief Appliantologist
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 26 November 2012 - 07:59 PM

After I diagnosed a spinless drum on my frontload Maytag washer MAH4000AWQ I pulled the back cover and found the drive belt off. After putting the drive belt back on and inspecting the belt as i spun the drum by hand I noticed the belt is tracking toward the plastic tub and actually rubbing on the tub. Any suggestions on the belt versus tub or belt tracking would be appreciated. I do not want to put the washer back in service with the belt problem as is.

I paid more for this washer than any other appliance I have except the dishwasher (she is a fiesty brunett that is impossible to diagnose). My wife washed a cat in this front loader. Put clothes in the washer left the door open to look for more clothes and threw the additional clothes in and closed the door.The cat did not fair well. Maybe the washer is doomed.

Use the Appliantology Parts Search Box to Find What You Need!
Enter your model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

#2 sh2sh2

sh2sh2

Senpai

• Sublime Master of Appliantology
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 593 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:yeunling

Posted 26 November 2012 - 09:41 PM

is the back of the tub stained brown with rusty water stains, your bearings could be bad causing your problem

#3 Samurai Appliance Repair Man

Samurai Appliance Repair Man

Shōgun

• Fermented Grand Master
  • 28,865 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Sapporo Original Draft Rice Lager

Posted 27 November 2012 - 07:46 AM

An easy way to check the bearings...

#4 panamared

panamared

Samanera

• Chief Appliantologist
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 27 November 2012 - 01:01 PM

Why does Maytag use a smooth drive pulley on the drum when the drive belt and the motor drive pulley are grooved. Seemm like a grooved pulley on the drum would prevent tracking issues.

Has anyone else washed a cat in a front loader? That cat was very clean when I buried it!

#5 Samurai Appliance Repair Man

Shōgun

• Fermented Grand Master
  • 28,865 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Sapporo Original Draft Rice Lager

Posted 27 November 2012 - 01:12 PM

Why does Maytag use a smooth drive pulley on the drum when the drive belt and the motor drive pulley are grooved. Seemm like a grooved pulley on the drum would prevent tracking issues.

The grooves are for the motor pulley.

Has anyone else washed a cat in a front loader? That cat was very clean when I buried it!

We do it weekly with our cat-- it's the only way to wash a cat! And he loves it. Whenever one of us is at the washing machine, he jumps in hoping to go through the wash cycle.

Posted Image

#6 RegUS_PatOff

RegUS_PatOff

Sensei

• Academy Instructor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 33,588 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Chief NTSC Black & White

Posted 27 November 2012 - 05:04 PM

"Fluffy, where's my Fluffy ?

Posted Image"

one of my video productions: “Easter Seals: Walk With Me”

every day is Down Syndrome Awareness Day
"A Child Is Waiting" . Burt Lancaster . Judy Garland . 1962

RegUS_PatOff > www.youtube.com/watch?v=oPAY2LsKVEw

#7 Scottthewolf

Scottthewolf

Senpai

• Appliantology Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,735 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Dunkin Donuts Coffee

Posted 28 November 2012 - 01:34 PM

I could see the Oz Man stuffing your cat in the washer and dryer Samurai!

Scott Wolf

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Use the Appliantology Parts Finder to Get What You Need!
Enter a model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.

Your Sometimes-Lucid Host:
"If I can't help you fix your appliance and make you 100% satisfied, I will come to your home and slice open my belly,
spilling my steaming entrails onto your floor."

The Appliance Guru | AppliancePartsResource.com | Samurai's Blog

Real Time Analytics