Use this Search Box to Find Appliance Repair Help Now
Need help finding your model number?
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Welcome to Appliantology.org, the Web's Premiere Appliance Repair Resource for DIYers!

The world-famous Samurai Appliance Repair Forums

You can post a question and get repair help for FREE! Click here to get started.

Already a member of the Appliantology Academy? Just sign in with your username and password in the upper right-hand corner of the screen.

Photo

Wolf Gas Range model# S60GBKK-1

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 AlexM

AlexM

Kohai

• Chief Appliantologist
  • PipPipPip
  • 376 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Root Beer

Posted 26 November 2012 - 09:05 PM

WOLF Range Model# S60GBKK-1, The right front burner flame has a tall flame from the middle ring. I've attached a photo. I have no experience on this product and welcome any suggestions on what to test, adjust, or replace. I would love a service manual as well. Not sure if this matters but the residence is at 9,000 ft above sea level. Thanks.

Attached Files

Use the Appliantology Parts Search Box to Find What You Need!
Enter your model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

#2 Cactus Bob

Cactus Bob

Senpai

• Sublime Master of Appliantology
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 553 posts

Posted 26 November 2012 - 09:20 PM

first

have you tried to remove the burner and clean it out ?

has the burner worked correctly in the past ?

do other burners do almost the same thing when turned all the way up ?

Edited by Cactus Bob, 26 November 2012 - 09:42 PM.

SORRY ABOUT THE SPELLING , I FIX GREAT , I DON'T SPELL WELL

#3 AlexM

AlexM

Kohai

• Chief Appliantologist
  • PipPipPip
  • 376 posts

Posted 26 November 2012 - 09:31 PM

Good to know, since I don't have a service manual, will my parts supplier be able to sell me the parts and pieces I need? Is it new burners or something at the valve?

#4 Cactus Bob

Cactus Bob

Senpai

• PipPipPipPip
  • 553 posts

Posted 26 November 2012 - 09:44 PM

recheck my answer , i edited it , to start with the simple things first

#5 AlexM

AlexM

Kohai

• Chief Appliantologist
  • PipPipPip
  • 376 posts

Posted 26 November 2012 - 09:52 PM

The other burners do NOT do the same thing when on high and I believe this has worked correctly in the past. What do i want to clean out and how?

#6 Samurai Appliance Repair Man

Samurai Appliance Repair Man

Shōgun

• Master Samurai Tech
  • 29,160 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Sapporo Original Draft Rice Lager

Posted 27 November 2012 - 07:28 AM

Surface Burner Grate, Inner Burner, Outer BurnerRing & Outer Burner Base Removal

- Lift the burner grate from the pressed steel top.
- Lift the inner burner from the inner burner base.
- Lift the outer burner ring from the outer burner base.
- Lift the outer burner base from the burner body.
(See Figure 3-1)

Surface Burner Pressed Steel Top Removal

After the grates are removed, the pressed steel top canbe removed by placing the vinyl coated end of the “S”hook removal tool (supplied with the unit) into one of the oblong holes in the steel top and lifting up. (See Figure 3-2)

Posted Image

Inspect the inner and outer burner rings for deformed holes. Replace as needed.

#7 woftam

woftam

Ikkō-ikki

• PipPip
  • 49 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:red wine

Posted 28 November 2012 - 09:17 PM

When you are checking burners check venturi tube coming into buner. You should not be able to remove it from burner body. Also it looks like there are after market drip pans in trays. Wolf says you cannot use them because they change air mixture.

There is a huge difference between 10 years experience and one years experience ten times over.

#8 AlexM

AlexM

Kohai

• Chief Appliantologist
  • PipPipPip
  • 376 posts

Posted 01 December 2012 - 08:34 PM

Well, I went back to this project and cleaned everything I could.  All holes in burner rings and elsewhere  were very clean and unobstructed, so I really don't think that was it.  I started messing around with things and all six burners DO flame up on occasion.  I also could get everything to work just fine without the pressed steel tops on and or it worked better with just one on.  I really feel like this has something to do with the altitude and the burners are starved for o2.   Long story short i punted on the repair, the owners rep was pressing hard to get it squared away before the owners and there personal chef arrive for the holidays.  I refered the repair to a very reputable appliance repair firm in town.  Did I miss out on a easy repair by installing a high altitude kit? 

#9 Cactus Bob

Cactus Bob

Senpai

• PipPipPipPip
  • 553 posts

Posted 02 December 2012 - 12:59 AM

did you loose out ?  I don't this you lost much ,if anything you gained

these high end appliances , like this range have caused me more trouble than there worth , wolf , sub zero , ge profile and the like are the cause of hours and hours of unpaid phone time just trying to get the right parts , from people that know less about the appliance than i do

my biggest one is under the counter "bar" ice machines , these things should never be made or sold . working on them and getting them to produce the 500lbs+ of ice a day that "it used to make before it broke down" is a real pain in my arse

or

the sub zero fridge i installed a new door gasket on and when writing the bill the lower hinge broke and the door fell into the dishwasher , right in front of me !

the nightmare you almost had is over , move on and make money

#10 certified tech group 51

certified tech group 51

Sensei

• Appliantology Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,541 posts

Posted 02 December 2012 - 01:31 AM

Ya gotta love it when you fix the appliance and the customer sez, " It never sounded / ran like that before"................ Ya say to your self   ' How would I know,  it was broke when I got here' .....and they want you to fix-it , for no added fees.. :yucky: ....

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Use the Appliantology Parts Finder to Get What You Need!
Enter a model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.

Your Sometimes-Lucid Host:
Samurai Appliance Repair Man
"If I can't help you fix your appliance and make you 100% satisfied, I will come to your home and slice open my belly,
spilling my steaming entrails onto your floor."

The Appliance Guru | Master Samurai Tech

Real Time Analytics