Use this Search Box to Find Appliance Repair Help Now
Need help finding your model number?
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Welcome to Appliantology.org, the Web's Premiere Appliance Repair Resource for DIYers!

The world-famous Samurai Appliance Repair Forums

You can post a question and get repair help for FREE! Click here to get started.

Already a member of the Appliantology Academy? Just sign in with your username and password in the upper right-hand corner of the screen.

Photo

WP Gold DW GU2500XTPB3 giving fits

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 RedToryTy

RedToryTy

Senpai

• Chief Appliantologist
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 946 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Guinness Stout

Posted 28 November 2012 - 09:03 AM

To the Dojo,

Listen fast and I'll catch you up. Customer called with a complaint of "CLEAN" flashing seven times. Using the skills learned at Appliantology, I used my tech sheet and meter to deduce the heating element was defective. Replaced element, and left for Thanksgiving.

Get called back; complaint now is blinking "SANITIZED." Raised the water heater temperature and verified with my NEI meter/thermostat 120 degrees F. Ran another service cycle to clear the control board, akin to the clearing done after a blinking "CLEAN" situation. At step 9 in the service cycle, I get BOTH "CLEAN" and "SANITIZED" lit, indicating water temp within factory specs and above 100 degrees. Returned to the Dojo to read on causes of blinking "SANITIZED" light; instructed the customer to ALWAYS leave door closed. She said the light just started blinking.

Have set a NORMAL cycle with Hi-Temp, SaniRinse, and Heated Dry; am camping out in her cafe. More news as this story develops

Any critical comments? Snide remarks? What am I not seeing as significant? Feel free to ask any questions. Thanksgiving = using AND saying I use this site; thanks to all for helping me become a good tech.

Thanks in advance,
Tyrus
Mr. Tyrus Lee Smith
Owner-Operator, Smith's Appliance Service
701 Baldwin Falls Road
Baldwin, Georgia 30511-2108
706-778-3411

Use the Appliantology Parts Search Box to Find What You Need!
Enter your model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

#2 Budget Appliance Repair

Budget Appliance Repair

Sensei

• Appliantology Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,758 posts

Posted 29 November 2012 - 07:32 AM

You may have a bad touchpad also, a fast blinking led above a key usually indicates a stuck key.

William Burk (Willie)
Willie's Budget Appliance Repair
Eureka, CA 95501

#3 Samurai Appliance Repair Man

Samurai Appliance Repair Man

Shōgun

• Master Samurai Tech
  • 29,192 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Sapporo Original Draft Rice Lager

Posted 29 November 2012 - 08:22 AM

You may have a bad touchpad also, a fast blinking led above a key usually indicates a stuck key.

Test quote

#4 RegUS_PatOff

RegUS_PatOff

Sensei

• Academy Instructor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 33,588 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Chief NTSC Black & White

Posted 29 November 2012 - 09:44 AM

Test quote

test quote # 2

> works now, but I no longer see the "quoter's" name & time stamp until "submitted"

yesterday, the "quotes" weren't enclosed in a "box"

one of my video productions: “Easter Seals: Walk With Me”

every day is Down Syndrome Awareness Day
"A Child Is Waiting" . Burt Lancaster . Judy Garland . 1962

RegUS_PatOff > www.youtube.com/watch?v=oPAY2LsKVEw

#5 Samurai Appliance Repair Man

Shōgun

• Master Samurai Tech
  • 29,192 posts

Posted 29 November 2012 - 09:51 AM

Yes, I see what you mean.  Turns out they did upgrade the forum software to v.3.4.0 in addition to the modules even though I specifically did NOT want them to upgrade the forum software, just the modules.  I wanted to wait until v.3.4.1 to upgrade the forum because they're famous for having little bugzillas like the quote glitch that we're seeing.  I'll put in a ticket and see if they can fix it.  

#6 Samurai Appliance Repair Man

Shōgun

• Master Samurai Tech
  • 29,192 posts

Posted 29 November 2012 - 09:57 AM

Test quote

Yes, I see what you mean.  Turns out they did upgrade the forum software to v.3.4.0 in addition to the modules even though I specifically did NOT want them to upgrade the forum software, just the modules.  I wanted to wait until v.3.4.1 to upgrade the forum because they're famous for having little bugzillas like the quote glitch that we're seeing.  I'll put in a ticket and see if they can fix it.  

Especially annoying when doing the multi-quote function and no one's name appears in the edit window.  

Ticket submitted.  

#7 RedToryTy

RedToryTy

Senpai

• Chief Appliantologist
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 946 posts

Posted 29 November 2012 - 10:24 AM

Update:

Customer called saying "SANITIZED" still blinking.

Budget, "SANITIZED" is an indicator light above START button. In the service cycle, the thermistor indicates it is functioning. Ditto with the heating element itself; I've opened the compartment and touched my plastic screwdriver to the element (melted). NEW INFO: the customer indicated, but I have not seen myself, the dishes are wet at the end of cycle.

After some rechecking my work--Line In door switch functioning, non-resettable fuse okay, the functions flawlessly (in service cycle). However, the two door switch screws were half in; tightened snug. This would affect the SANITIZE portion of wash, because heating passes through BOTH door switches. My question is, even though heating normally requires BOTH door switches, why did the element energize in service cycle; is the left/non-Line In door switch bypassed?

I await your head-shakings and technician admonitions.

Thanks again for your help,

Tyrus

Mr. Tyrus Lee Smith
701 Baldwin Falls Road
706-778-3411

#8 RedToryTy

RedToryTy

Senpai

• Chief Appliantologist
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 946 posts

Posted 29 November 2012 - 11:10 AM

Temperature update:

116 degrees at 10.40 EST, 134 degrees at 10.55, 129.6 degrees at 11.07. It hasn't reached 145 at MY temperature probe (at the front middle of the wash compartment).

Mr. Tyrus Lee Smith
701 Baldwin Falls Road
706-778-3411

#9 certified tech group 51

certified tech group 51

Sensei

• Appliantology Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,541 posts

Posted 29 November 2012 - 12:00 PM

Customer has rinse-aid in dispenser??? and it is dispensing at the correct time??? ( or are they using the All-In-One 'pillow' Paks??)  Water heats as it cascades over the element,  wash pump intake clean/clear????......................... " Always leave the door  closed " ???        What is  that??.

#10 RedToryTy

RedToryTy

Senpai

• Chief Appliantologist
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 946 posts

Posted 29 November 2012 - 08:41 PM

"Always leave the door closed;" specifically during sanitizing washes, because, when the door is opened midway through a wash, the control board isn't sure the water reached correct temperature (so says the tech sheet).

Haven't checked pump clearness; this complaint was made after I did the heating element swap (i.e. "It didn't do this BEFORE").

Mr. Tyrus Lee Smith
701 Baldwin Falls Road
706-778-3411

#11 kdog

kdog

RoughShod

• Appliantology Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,465 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Dickens Cider

Posted 29 November 2012 - 09:03 PM

Possible that the neutral line door switch is intermittent, there were issues with those - could be the latch is sloppy too. Temp going up and down while circulating ?  in your example it was going up awhile and then went down - an amp clamp on the heater wire at that time would tell alot. Does the techsheet make any reference to flashing sanitized light?

sounds like the unit is being used for commercial (cafe) and not really designed to do that kind of sanitizing.

Help us keep the lights on: buy appliance parts here ==> http://repairclinic.com

For service manuals and lots of other goodies, become an Apprentice ==> Apprenticeship

#12 RegUS_PatOff

RegUS_PatOff

Sensei

• Academy Instructor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 33,588 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Chief NTSC Black & White

Posted 29 November 2012 - 09:34 PM

"Always leave the door closed;"

After the sanitizing cycle has been reached, and someone opens the Door,

the DW can't be sure that someone hasn't added any dishes,

one of my video productions: “Easter Seals: Walk With Me”

every day is Down Syndrome Awareness Day
"A Child Is Waiting" . Burt Lancaster . Judy Garland . 1962

RegUS_PatOff > www.youtube.com/watch?v=oPAY2LsKVEw

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Use the Appliantology Parts Finder to Get What You Need!
Enter a model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.

Your Sometimes-Lucid Host:
"If I can't help you fix your appliance and make you 100% satisfied, I will come to your home and slice open my belly,
spilling my steaming entrails onto your floor."

The Appliance Guru | Master Samurai Tech

Real Time Analytics