Learn appliance repair at the Samurai Tech Academy.  Learn more.  Earn more.

Parts Search
Site Search

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Welcome to Appliantology.org, the Web's Premiere Appliance Repair Resource!

The world-famous Samurai Appliance Repair Forums

To get started, click here.

Already a member of the Appliantology Academy? Just sign in with your username and password in the upper right-hand corner of the screen.

Photo

Maytag Washer Mod. # PAVT234AWW

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 GreenestOne

GreenestOne

Yamabushi

• Chief Appliantologist
  • PipPip
  • 80 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:java

Posted 28 November 2012 - 10:38 PM

This may sound very simple, but... The timer stops right at rinse cycle no matter which type of load setting you choose. I did not have a schematic

and had to leave the job before opening the console to visually inspect the timer. (Three various load settings and all work except when it goes into rinse.) You can manually stop and advance the timer dial to spin, and it will complete the rest of the wash. There is no problem with the initial water

fill. Although on three different places on the dial, are all those "points of contact" for rinse activation tied into one wire(s) going to the solenoid(s) of the water valve(s)?

Use the Appliantology Parts Search Box to Find What You Need!
Enter your model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

#2 kdog

kdog

RoughShod

• Appliantology Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,465 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Dickens Cider

Posted 28 November 2012 - 11:22 PM

Make certain there is good cold water pressure and that the valve is not plugged/failed.

Some interesting info in this post: http://appliantology...r-not-draining/

Help us keep the lights on: buy appliance parts here ==> http://repairclinic.com

For service manuals and lots of other goodies, become an Apprentice ==> Apprenticeship

#3 fairbank56

fairbank56

Sensei

• Appliantology Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,023 posts

Posted 29 November 2012 - 10:28 AM

are all those "points of contact" for rinse activation tied into one wire(s) going to the solenoid(s) of the water valve(s)?

The same wires are used but there is a different timer contact used for rinse fill than is used for wash fill, however it will only make a difference if your temp select is set to H-C. All other settings of the temp selector will bypass the timer contact for rinse fill. Are you saying that after wash cycle spin, it stops, doesn't fill and timer does not advance? When you advance it manually, does it fill or just go to spin?

Eric

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Use the Appliantology Parts Finder to Get What You Need!
Enter a model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

Your Sometimes-Lucid Host:
Samurai Appliance Repair Man
"If I can't help you fix your appliance and make you 100% satisfied, I will come to your home and slice open my belly,
spilling my steaming entrails onto your floor."

The Appliance Guru | Master Samurai Tech

Real Time Analytics