Use this Search Box to Find Appliance Repair Help Now
Need help finding your model number?
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Welcome to Appliantology.org, the Web's Premiere Appliance Repair Resource for DIYers!

The world-famous Samurai Appliance Repair Forums

You can post a question and get repair help for FREE! Click here to get started.

Already a member of the Appliantology Academy? Just sign in with your username and password in the upper right-hand corner of the screen.

Photo

Kenmore D/W Termal fuse

Thermal fuse

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Patricio

Patricio

Sensei

• Appliantology Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,322 posts

Posted 28 November 2012 - 10:39 PM

What normally blows a thermal fuse in a dishwasher.  Kenmore 665.13449K901 two years old.   Bypassed fuse to empty dishwasher while I wait for replacement to arrive.     Something must of got hot.  What would you do when the fuse is replaced with a new one?

I see says the blind man, leading a lame dog, while talking to a deaf person. In other words, Not liable if you choose to follow my opinion.
IgonFishn

Use the Appliantology Parts Search Box to Find What You Need!
Enter your model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

#2 kdog

kdog

RoughShod

• Appliantology Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,465 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Dickens Cider

Posted 28 November 2012 - 11:07 PM

Loose wire terminals - make sure you replace ALL the wires in the kit:

http://www.repaircli...r=665.13449K901

Thermal-Fuse-675813-00566314.jpg

Help us keep the lights on: buy appliance parts here ==> http://repairclinic.com

For service manuals and lots of other goodies, become an Apprentice ==> Apprenticeship

#3 Scottthewolf

Scottthewolf

Senpai

• Appliantology Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,728 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Dunkin Donuts Coffee

Posted 28 November 2012 - 11:13 PM

NEVER bypass a fuse in your  customers appliances, you could burn their house down and you could get sued.

The replacement thermal fuse comes with new wires to splice into the door switch wires, so I think the reason the fuse blows is because of high current near the door switches.

http://commercial.se...SHWASHER&blt=11

Scott Wolf

#4 kdog

kdog

RoughShod

• Appliantology Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,465 posts

Posted 28 November 2012 - 11:14 PM

moved topic to kitchen forum

Help us keep the lights on: buy appliance parts here ==> http://repairclinic.com

For service manuals and lots of other goodies, become an Apprentice ==> Apprenticeship

#5 Patricio

Patricio

Sensei

• Appliantology Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,322 posts

Posted 28 November 2012 - 11:38 PM

NEVER bypass a fuse in your  customers appliances, you could burn their house down and you could get sued.

:thanks: What I meant to print is I bypassed just long enough to diagnose & drain the DW.  The unit is wired dead the way i found it,  made sure the control  & userface boards were operational as part of the diagnostics.  Just long enough to drain.   Customer had previously tore machine apart trying to repair & save money by DIY.  Then he called me.   Machine is assembled completely with bad fuse in it while I wait for new fuse to arrive.    Yes I will instal everything that comes with it.  I also will check amp draw before I am finished repairing.

Rest assure that I don't do things half assed...Don't build a good reputation that away, I take pride in my quality work.   Don't go for the quick buck  just the honest one. :thumbsup:

I am known for going the extra mile so as to get it right with everything I've done.   Peace

By the way I left with the breaker off to the washer.   Noticed that there was a 30amp breaker instesd of a 20amp.  Was told the original 20 went bad & was replaced with the 30. 

Edited by Patricio, 28 November 2012 - 11:49 PM.

I see says the blind man, leading a lame dog, while talking to a deaf person. In other words, Not liable if you choose to follow my opinion.
IgonFishn

#6 kdog

kdog

RoughShod

• Appliantology Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,465 posts

Posted 28 November 2012 - 11:41 PM

don't do things half assed...

aka - The "shirt tail repair"

#7 Patricio

Patricio

Sensei

• Appliantology Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,322 posts

Posted 28 November 2012 - 11:52 PM

Never heard that one before.   No not my style.   My tails always tucked in. :thumbsup:

IgonFishn

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Use the Appliantology Parts Finder to Get What You Need!
Enter a model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.

Your Sometimes-Lucid Host:
Samurai Appliance Repair Man
"If I can't help you fix your appliance and make you 100% satisfied, I will come to your home and slice open my belly,
spilling my steaming entrails onto your floor."

The Appliance Guru | AppliancePartsResource.com | Samurai's Blog

Real Time Analytics