LIMITED TIME OFFER: Use code 10YEARS10 to get 10% off your Appliantology membership. Click here for more ×
Click here to check out our structured, online appliance repair training courses for rookies and experienced techs.

FAQs | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Contact

DISCLOSURE: We may earn a commission when you use one of our coupons/links to make a purchase.
  • Upcoming Events

No upcoming events found

Waring wct 805b toaster 1/2 working

Catlin repair
Go to solution Solved by Cactus Bob,

Catlin repair

I have a waring commercial toaster that has 4 slots controlled by 2 timers and boards. One side works fine, the other side only one of the elements gets hot. When it does it glows very bright red, much hotter than normal. I have tried replacing the element and the board the controls that side of the toaster neither of which helped.

Any suggestions?

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Catlin repair

• Cactus Bob

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

• Solution

without knowing how your toaster is wired

I would guess you have 2 elements that are wired in series  . each element is rated for 60 volts (2 times 60 =120 volts)

the element that is out is not only out but is shorted , to itself or the case of the toaster

giving the other brite element to much voltage

so you have wires touching each other or a heating element that is shorted somewhere

note: this info is all based on regular toasters and toaster ovens , that i have been bringing home from the age of 12 , i know i was a very strange kid

Catlin repair

thanks Cactus Bob, I will try replacing the element that its paired with