Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now or use the parts search box:

Parts Search

The days of Monkey Boy Service Calls are over...

Click here to check out our fun short course and learn how to get the most out of Appliantology.

FAQs | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Podcast | Contact

Stay connected with us...

Samurai on Facebook - become a fan today! Sign up for our free newsletter and keep up with all things Appliantology. Subscribe to our YouTube channel for lots of appliance repair tips and help! Follow the Samurai on Twitter and get timely morsels of Appliantological Wisdom! Subscribe to our MST Radio podcast to learn secrets of the trade.
KCTBURY

Kenmore (LG) french door Fridge Compressor wont come on. mod# 79577309600

10 posts in this topic

Refrigerator wont cool.

Everything works except the compressor won't come on

There is no power at the start device

What leads at the board do i check to see if board is sending power? (brand new board)

Does anyone have the service sheet? this ones missing!

Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now!

Yes the condenser fan is running.

if the compressor is a normal 120vac compressor and the start device is a normal PTC start device (not a 3ph inverter unit)

i would disconnect the compressors power wires and install a power cord to the start device just to test the compressor and the start device

run it for a while with the two plugins , makes sure it gets cold before going further

if the compressor is a normal 120vac compressor and the start device is a normal PTC start device (not a 3ph inverter unit)

i would disconnect the compressors power wires and install a power cord to the start device just to test the compressor and the start device

run it for a while with the two plugins , makes sure it gets cold before going further

Thanks for the reply I hooked up the compressor straight to the wall and the device and the compressor run fine.

The file that Regus posted was the correct one. (thank you)

Am i right in assuming that on con1 pin 1 and pin 5 should have 120 volts when in test mode1?

In the pictures uploaded the white (Pin1) and yellow (pin5) wires, or board markings comp (Pin1) and L (Pin5)

post-79509-0-65735400-1354509349_thumb.j

post-79509-0-87529500-1354509395_thumb.j

Edited by KCTBURY

The pin marked comp and neutral should get 120v during test.

Looks like pin 1 and3 (Black and White)

See page 23 of the manual for details on "test mode"

The pin marked comp and neutral should get 120v during test.

See page 23 of the manual for details on "test mode"

ok yea they are getting 120v but down at the compressor where the wires come out of the bottom of the fridge there is no voltage.... im lost here ... do the wires go somewhere else between the board and the compressor?

Edited by KCTBURY

Jumped wires from n to olp  and comp to start device and it runs fine.... assuming there is a broken or shorted wire inside the cabinet somewhere that I can't see? 

If anyone else has another explanation please chime in...

Try and measure the wires from end to end with an ohmeter, wiggle them around and see if it makes/breaks the circuit - broken wires are certainly not beyond the realm of possibility

I have to correct this, looking again I see it is pin1 (white - goes to capacitor) and pin 5 (yellow - goes to compressor overload.