Learn appliance repair at the Samurai Tech Academy.  Learn more.  Earn more.

Parts Search
Site Search

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Welcome to Appliantology.org, the Web's Premiere Appliance Repair Resource!

The world-famous Samurai Appliance Repair Forums

To get started, click here.

Already a member of the Appliantology Academy? Just sign in with your username and password in the upper right-hand corner of the screen.

Photo

PDS18SBMALBS need to replace Evaporator fan is access to evaporator from the fresh food bottom?

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 richseattle56

richseattle56

Kohai

• Chief Appliantologist
  • PipPipPip
  • 390 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Coors Light or Vodka

Posted 02 December 2012 - 06:57 PM

Evaporator fan bad. From the parts breakdown it looks like the evaporator fan is accessed through the bottom of the fresh food section. Am I right? Thanks for any help.

Use the Appliantology Parts Search Box to Find What You Need!
Enter your model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

#2 kdog

kdog

RoughShod

• Appliantology Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,465 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Dickens Cider

Posted 02 December 2012 - 11:38 PM

An older Bottom Mount ?     if so, yes - the panel below the crispers comes off to reveal the evaporator section

Help us keep the lights on: buy appliance parts here ==> http://repairclinic.com

For service manuals and lots of other goodies, become an Apprentice ==> Apprenticeship

#3 richseattle56

richseattle56

Kohai

• Chief Appliantologist
  • PipPipPip
  • 390 posts

Posted 06 December 2012 - 06:55 PM

Thanks, KDog. You were right. I like this design, for my back, better than the evaporator on the back wall of the bottom mount freezer. But I did have a hard time getting the styrofoam out, that is right below the cover for the bottom of the fresh food section. It did not come out in one piece. Replaced evap. fan all is well. Thanks

#4 richseattle56

richseattle56

Kohai

• Chief Appliantologist
  • PipPipPip
  • 390 posts

Posted 18 December 2012 - 04:45 AM

All is not well. Customer called, bottom of FF section to cold. Freezing the crisper drawers. any ideas?

#5 vee8power

vee8power

Kohai

• Chief Appliantologist
  • PipPipPip
  • 421 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Folgers

Posted 18 December 2012 - 07:43 AM

Sounds to me like the evap. fan may be running backwards or was installed backwards. Did you use the OEM part#? Is the air flowing out of the air tower in the FF section?

#6 certified tech group 51

certified tech group 51

Sensei

• Appliantology Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,606 posts

Posted 18 December 2012 - 10:03 AM

Did the piece of styro foam get replaced correctly, not blocking the return vents???.....just asking...... Or a piece of said foam break off and has stalled the evaporator fan blade ????.....That foam gets brittle as it ages.......  

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Use the Appliantology Parts Finder to Get What You Need!
Enter a model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

Your Sometimes-Lucid Host:
Samurai Appliance Repair Man
"If I can't help you fix your appliance and make you 100% satisfied, I will come to your home and slice open my belly,
spilling my steaming entrails onto your floor."

The Appliance Guru | Master Samurai Tech

Real Time Analytics