Use this Search Box to Find Appliance Repair Help Now
Need help finding your model number?
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Boot Camp | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Welcome to Appliantology.org, the Web's Premiere Appliance Repair Resource for DIYers!

The world-famous Samurai Appliance Repair Forums

You can post a question and get repair help for FREE! Click here to get started.

Already a member of the Appliantology Academy? Just sign in with your username and password in the upper right-hand corner of the screen.

Photo

I have a Hotpoint oven/micro F8 code

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 rolandvz71

rolandvz71

Sōhei

• Chief Appliantologist
  • PipPipPip
  • 247 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Sun Tea w/lemon or lime

Posted 03 December 2012 - 02:28 PM

The microwave works fine, but the oven is showing a F8 code and none of the oven buttons are working.....I have no model # or ser # it has been wiped off to where is not legible.

Powered the unit down over night and when power was restored the F8 code appeared with no change in oven operation.

Any ideas?

Attached Files

Edited by rolandvz71, 03 December 2012 - 02:36 PM.

Use the Appliantology Parts Search Box to Find What You Need!
Enter your model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

#2 kdog

kdog

RoughShod

• Academy Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,465 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Dickens Cider

Posted 03 December 2012 - 02:54 PM

Ten Commandments for Reading Appliance Model Numbers :)

arrow_038.gif arrow_038.gif arrow_038.gif

Help us keep the lights on: buy appliance parts here ==> http://repairclinic.com

For service manuals and lots of other goodies, become an Apprentice ==> Apprenticeship

#3 rolandvz71

rolandvz71

Sōhei

• Chief Appliantologist
  • PipPipPip
  • 247 posts

Posted 03 December 2012 - 03:02 PM

I had a feeling this was coming......

Model Numbers:

1. Thou shalt read the model number directly off the manufacturer’s tag affixed to the appliance. I did and it can not be read....
  2. Thou shalt use these diagrams to help you locate the manufacturer’s tag if you are having trouble. Does not apply because it can not read read
  3. Thou shalt not offer up the excuse that the manufacturer’s tag could not be located on the appliance; yea verily, this is bullsheist that doth stinketh in my nostrils. I am not offering an excuse I can see the tag but it is sooo worn it can not be read
  4. Thou shalt read the model number under the illumination of a flashlight. No need of a flashlight I can see te tag but again the #'s can not be read
  5. Thou shalt not offer up the model number unless it was read under the illumination of a flashlight. No need of a flashlight I can see te tag but again the #'s can not be read
  6. Thou shalt double and triple check the accuracy of the model number before offering it up. I double checked...... again, the tag but it is sooo worn it can not be read
  7. Thou shalt not offer up a model number until its accuracy has been double and triple checked. I have looked @ it more than 4 times and it can not be read
  8. Thou shalt not offer up any model number found on any printed manuals associated with the appliance. No paperwork to work with...no manuals, etc.....
  9. Thou shalt not omit the three digit number to the left of the decimal point in the model number for a Kenmore appliance. Not a Kenmore
  10. Thou shalt offer up thy fermented praises to the United Samurai Beer Fund. I believe I have with my lifetime membership......

I will post a pic of worn out model # tag and if that does not work then I will pull the oven and look on the back for a model #

Edited by rolandvz71, 03 December 2012 - 03:07 PM.

#4 kdog

kdog

RoughShod

• Academy Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,465 posts

Posted 03 December 2012 - 03:06 PM

OK we are working blind then, start with simple stuff such as measuring the temp sensor in the lower oven - should be around 1000 - 1200 ohms at room temp, no continuity to casing

Help us keep the lights on: buy appliance parts here ==> http://repairclinic.com

For service manuals and lots of other goodies, become an Apprentice ==> Apprenticeship

#5 rolandvz71

rolandvz71

Sōhei

• Chief Appliantologist
  • PipPipPip
  • 247 posts

Posted 03 December 2012 - 03:35 PM

Ok thx for the reply.....This oven was called in to me by a friend and they live about 15 miles from me

so could you give me a hand full of things to check....thx again for the tip w/the temp sensor in the lower oven.

thx again.

Edited by rolandvz71, 03 December 2012 - 03:36 PM.

#6 kdog

kdog

RoughShod

• Academy Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,465 posts

Posted 03 December 2012 - 08:45 PM

From viewing a few of the GE oven manuals, it looks like F8 is usually a control failure.

http://www.mediafire...ew/?eyinnwne2qd

http://www.mediafire...ew/?dzylddmowlu

#7 rolandvz71

rolandvz71

Sōhei

• Chief Appliantologist
  • PipPipPip
  • 247 posts

Posted 03 December 2012 - 09:55 PM

OK RoughShod thax for all the great info! I will follow up.....thx again!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Boot Camp | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Use the Appliantology Parts Finder to Get What You Need!
Enter a model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.

Your Sometimes-Lucid Host:
Samurai Appliance Repair Man
"If I can't help you fix your appliance and make you 100% satisfied, I will come to your home and slice open my belly,
spilling my steaming entrails onto your floor."

The Appliance Guru | AppliancePartsResource.com | Samurai's Blog

Real Time Analytics