Learn appliance repair at the Samurai Tech Academy.  Learn more.  Earn more.

Parts Search
Site Search

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Welcome to Appliantology.org, the Web's Premiere Appliance Repair Resource!

The world-famous Samurai Appliance Repair Forums

To get started, click here.

Already a member of the Appliantology Academy? Just sign in with your username and password in the upper right-hand corner of the screen.

Photo

Whirlpool Top Load WTW6600SW

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 elmonducky

elmonducky

Sōhei

• Professional Appliantologist
  • PipPipPip
  • 216 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Cabernet Sauvignon

Posted 04 December 2012 - 07:56 PM

OL fault code being displayed.  Usually happens at end of cycle.  Happens even with NO clothes in washer.  Replaced Main board, still no change. Tub turns freely and moves up and down freely.  Agitates, spins and drains.  Any ideas?? Only 2yrs old. 

Use the Appliantology Parts Search Box to Find What You Need!
Enter your model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

#2 RegUS_PatOff

RegUS_PatOff

Sensei

• Academy Instructor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 33,588 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Chief NTSC Black & White

Posted 04 December 2012 - 09:53 PM

Suspension Rods ?

http://www.repaircli...R=154&N=1456067

one of my video productions: “Easter Seals: Walk With Me”

every day is Down Syndrome Awareness Day
"A Child Is Waiting" . Burt Lancaster . Judy Garland . 1962

RegUS_PatOff > www.youtube.com/watch?v=oPAY2LsKVEw

#3 nickfixit

nickfixit

Sensei

• Appliantology Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,190 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Glen Livit

Posted 04 December 2012 - 11:04 PM

Pull basket and look for something between tub and basket

" Giving numerical data to Sears management is like giving a monkey a machine gun. No one knows for certain what will happen, but you can be sure of two things... It will be real messy, and only the monkey will be unharmed"

#4 KCTBURY

KCTBURY

www.ieappliance.com

• Chief Appliantologist
  • PipPipPip
  • 105 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Coke

Posted 05 December 2012 - 01:51 AM

Look at suspension rods, most of the time you will see rust. Replace rods and fix leak with silicon or new tray.  Water will leak out of tray or hose.

#5 Samurai Appliance Repair Man

Samurai Appliance Repair Man

Shōgun

• Master Samurai Tech
  • 29,636 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Sapporo Original Draft Rice Lager

Posted 05 December 2012 - 07:23 AM

Make sure the center bolt at the bottom of the machine on the rotor hasn't backed out and is tightened down all the way.

#6 elmonducky

elmonducky

Sōhei

• PipPipPip
  • 216 posts

Posted 06 December 2012 - 09:20 PM

Ok checked the suspension rods, no rust smooth movement.  checked center bolt, tight as a drum.  Checked between tubs, clean as a whistle.  Heres what I have noticed, when I put on rinse and spin cycle tub fills with water to about the 4th hole below the tub cover.  As soon as it stops it then drains all the water out and when it finishes draining at about 3 mins on timer is goes into a slow spin till it times out.  Then it displays a O L error code.  When it fills on rinse it never agitates it just starts draining.  I was thinking perhaps the water pressure switch but not sure.  Any input???

#7 kdog

kdog

RoughShod

• Appliantology Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,465 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Dickens Cider

Posted 07 December 2012 - 12:03 AM

Pop the rotor from the bottom of tub (motor) and check for brown leaky spray from tubseal.

Video in Link:

http://www.repaircli.../280146/1175771

Rotor-Assembly-280146-01179824.jpg

Help us keep the lights on: buy appliance parts here ==> http://repairclinic.com

For service manuals and lots of other goodies, become an Apprentice ==> Apprenticeship

#8 kdog

kdog

RoughShod

• Appliantology Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,465 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Dickens Cider

Posted 07 December 2012 - 12:08 AM

Manual is here

Help us keep the lights on: buy appliance parts here ==> http://repairclinic.com

For service manuals and lots of other goodies, become an Apprentice ==> Apprenticeship

#9 elmonducky

elmonducky

Sōhei

• PipPipPip
  • 216 posts

Posted 07 December 2012 - 12:35 AM

I appreciate the suggestions but I dont understand the logic.  The washer goes through the complete wash cycle without a problem till it reaches the end. With no load it gives an error code indicating overload.  Why would the washer fill almost to the top of the tub on the rinse with no clothes then immediately drain without any agitation of the water?  Why would it drain the water out leaving no time for a proper spin out? 3 mins of spin could not possibly accomplish the purpose. 

#10 nickfixit

nickfixit

Sensei

• Appliantology Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,190 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Glen Livit

Posted 07 December 2012 - 06:13 AM

Inspect the hose from the control to the tub. Maybe it is pinched flat or obstructed.

" Giving numerical data to Sears management is like giving a monkey a machine gun. No one knows for certain what will happen, but you can be sure of two things... It will be real messy, and only the monkey will be unharmed"

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Use the Appliantology Parts Finder to Get What You Need!
Enter a model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

Your Sometimes-Lucid Host:
Samurai Appliance Repair Man
"If I can't help you fix your appliance and make you 100% satisfied, I will come to your home and slice open my belly,
spilling my steaming entrails onto your floor."

The Appliance Guru | Master Samurai Tech

Real Time Analytics