Use this Search Box to Find Appliance Repair Help Now
Need help finding your model number?
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Welcome to Appliantology.org, the Web's Premiere Appliance Repair Resource for DIYers!

The world-famous Samurai Appliance Repair Forums

You can post a question and get repair help for FREE! Click here to get started.

Already a member of the Appliantology Academy? Just sign in with your username and password in the upper right-hand corner of the screen.

Photo

Ge Monogram Wall Oven

oven ge electric

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 mpm8789

mpm8789

Ikkō-ikki

• Chief Appliantologist
  • PipPip
  • 38 posts

Posted 05 December 2012 - 07:59 AM

Ge Electric wall oven model number zet1s0m1ss.

When I looked this up the model number didnt work but it worked without the zero.  Now for the issue, the customer is stating that the oven will work fine in normal bake but all of the other functions like convec bake, broil, and etc the oven will not work.  Sometimes it wont work at all and other times it will get up to temperature then shut off.  Just wondering if anyone has seen this before so I have an idea on what to look for.  Or maybe if someone had the manual that might help.

Thank you very much

Edited by mpm8789, 05 December 2012 - 07:59 AM.

Use the Appliantology Parts Search Box to Find What You Need!
Enter your model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

#2 certified tech group 51

certified tech group 51

Sensei

• Appliantology Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,512 posts

Posted 05 December 2012 - 10:56 PM

I would start at the  relay board ,  check for power to the board and out to the failing items.... Then maybe the temp encoder............ But the relay board  would be a good place to start...............Have you found the wire diagram???  ( the mini-manual , better than a service manual some times )......., it should be up in the console area...............It will have the lowdown on the troubleshooting chart..............

#3 mpm8789

mpm8789

Ikkō-ikki

• Chief Appliantologist
  • PipPip
  • 38 posts

Posted 21 January 2013 - 07:49 AM

I replaced the relay board and I am still having the same problem the oven will get to temp or run for a little bit then just shut down.  The clock will still be on it will shut off like you just hit cancel.  You can turn it right back on but it will usually shut down in a couple minutes.  Any ideas because I am at a wall.

#4 Samurai Appliance Repair Man

Samurai Appliance Repair Man

Shōgun

• Fermented Grand Master
  • 28,824 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Sapporo Original Draft Rice Lager

Posted 21 January 2013 - 12:25 PM

The controls on this unit are more complicated that most with several control boards.  You could quickly go bankrupt by just shotgunning the various circuit boards (doesn't inspire a lot of confidence with the customer, either).  And I don't think my esteemed colleague, CTG51, was suggesting that you simply off and change the relay board, but merely that it was a good place to start troubleshooting.  

Are BOTH ovens affected or just one?  If only one, which one?

#5 mpm8789

mpm8789

Ikkō-ikki

• Chief Appliantologist
  • PipPip
  • 38 posts

Posted 21 January 2013 - 06:01 PM

It is just a single oven.  The oven sensor seemed to check ok as well I cant remember the exact resistance since I was out there a while ago.

Edited by mpm8789, 21 January 2013 - 06:06 PM.

#6 Comstock_Services

Comstock_Services

Wine is fine but Whiskey is quicker

• Sublime Master of Appliantology
  • PipPipPip
  • 462 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Tito's Vodka,Shiner Blonde, Shiner Bock

Posted 22 January 2013 - 10:19 AM

Should be about 1080 at room temp, but it changes lower as the temp goes higher ( if i remember right). GE mini manual will have a way to check the boards and the touch pad.

Insert smart ass remark here____

Help us keep the lights on: buy appliance parts here ==> http://repairclinic.com

For service manuals and lots of other goodies, become an Apprentice ==> Apprenticeship

http://www.mrappliance.com/coastalbend

#7 Samurai Appliance Repair Man

Shōgun

• Fermented Grand Master
  • 28,824 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Sapporo Original Draft Rice Lager

Posted 25 January 2013 - 12:16 PM

Service manual for this unit posted to Pot Luck Supper here ==> http://appliantology...service-manual/

#8 RegUS_PatOff

RegUS_PatOff

Sensei

• Academy Instructor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 33,588 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Chief NTSC Black & White

Posted 25 January 2013 - 01:12 PM

... The oven sensor seemed to check ok

can test good at ambient, but be flaky at higher temperatures ..

cheap for an exact GE part ...
cheap for any brand Thermistor :whistling:
http://www.repaircli...?R=154&N=911009

Oven-Sensor-WB23T10015-00826253.jpg

one of my video productions: “Easter Seals: Walk With Me”

every day is Down Syndrome Awareness Day
"A Child Is Waiting" . Burt Lancaster . Judy Garland . 1962

RegUS_PatOff > www.youtube.com/watch?v=oPAY2LsKVEw

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Use the Appliantology Parts Finder to Get What You Need!
Enter a model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.

Your Sometimes-Lucid Host:
"If I can't help you fix your appliance and make you 100% satisfied, I will come to your home and slice open my belly,
spilling my steaming entrails onto your floor."

The Appliance Guru | AppliancePartsResource.com | Samurai's Blog

Real Time Analytics