Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now or use the parts search box:

Parts Search

Learn appliance repair at online the Master Samurai Tech Academy.  Learn more.  Earn more.

FAQs | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Podcast | Contact

Sonic

Old Amana frid mod BB120TE Evap fan

6 posts in this topic

This old frig works except for the evap. fan. I measured what I thought was 120v and the motor but no spinny spinny. Found a replacement motor but the same thing.  So checking further I find I do have 120v there but no neutral.  I pull this beast away from the wall and find the wiring diagram.  Turns out the neutral is switched at the defrost board. At least that's what it looks like to me. It seemed strange to me to have a fan controlled on the line and neutral side.  I'm left assuming it's the defrost control causing the problem.  Any thoughts.....?

Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now!

havent seen the diagram, but the power for the evap fan goes thru the bimetal defrost tstat on alot of these amanas...easy enuff to bypass for testing...

Yes I saw that it could go through the termination stat and heater on the neutral side but it also connects to the defrost board.  A service manual for this one would help.

Yes I saw that it could go through the termination stat and heater on the neutral side but it also connects to the defrost board.

connects to the Defrost Board, but not controlled by it ...

Neutral for the Evaporator Fan goes thru the Defrost Heater and the Defrost T'stat

T120_0R0.pdf

http://www.repairclinic.com/referral.asp?R=154&N=379484

http://www.repairclinic.com/referral.asp?R=154&N=387642

Thanks RegUS_PatOff, that's exactly the info I needed.  

Also, after replacing the failed part, when plugged, in the fan will not start right away.........It needs the defrost terminator to  close before the neutral side is completed..........................Been caught on this one once, you plug it in and the fan still does not start.. :woot:........