Use this Search Box to Find Appliance Repair Help Now
Need help finding your model number?
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Welcome to Appliantology.org, the Web's Premiere Appliance Repair Resource!

The world-famous Samurai Appliance Repair Forums

You can post a question and get repair help for FREE! Click here to get started.

Already a member of the Appliantology Academy? Just sign in with your username and password in the upper right-hand corner of the screen.

Photo

JDB1100AWS Jenn-Air dishwasher does not start.

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 richseattle56

richseattle56

Kohai

• Chief Appliantologist
  • PipPipPip
  • 388 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Coors Light or Vodka

Posted 06 December 2012 - 06:46 PM

On the control panel the only LED that comes on when you press the buttons is the Normal Wash, every now and then you can get the button to the right of Normal Wash to Light up. Press the Normal Wash LED lights, Press Heated Dry no light, Press start no LED, no start. Tech sheet says press the heated dry 6 times and then press Start/Cancel button to enter field test mode. Nothing. Any IDEAS.
Bad Control Panel?
Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

Edited by richseattle56, 06 December 2012 - 06:49 PM.

Use the Appliantology Parts Search Box to Find What You Need!
Enter your model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

#2 Samurai Appliance Repair Man

Samurai Appliance Repair Man

Shōgun

• Master Samurai Tech
  • 29,255 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Sapporo Original Draft Rice Lager

Posted 06 December 2012 - 10:42 PM

This is almost always a bad touchpanel ==> 

http://www.repaircli...mber=JDB1100AWS

Touchpad-and-Control-Panel-6-919765-0072

You can check the keypad continuity at the ribbon cable using the matrix in the tech sheet.  

PMed you the service manual.  

#3 jb8103

jb8103

Senpai

• Chief Appliantologist
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 534 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Ginger ale

Posted 06 December 2012 - 11:13 PM

Been down that road - new keypad didn't work, new circuit board didn't work, could have been a bad motor screwing up the circuit board in the first place. That's where the customer balked. I lost hundreds on that job. We need diagnostic answers for this situation.

First, do no harm.

#4 Samurai Appliance Repair Man

Shōgun

• Master Samurai Tech
  • 29,255 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Sapporo Original Draft Rice Lager

Posted 07 December 2012 - 12:01 AM

If the motor is bad, you can determine this by seeing if its getting 120vac when it should be running.

As mentioned, you can also test the touchpad using the matrix in the tech sheet.

#5 kdog

kdog

RoughShod

• Appliantology Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,465 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Dickens Cider

Posted 07 December 2012 - 12:21 AM

This may seem rather automatic, but we are always checking the power connections ?  Including proper polarity/ground etc ?

I have seen a number of issues arise from partial/poor connections

Help us keep the lights on: buy appliance parts here ==> http://repairclinic.com

For service manuals and lots of other goodies, become an Apprentice ==> Apprenticeship

#6 richseattle56

richseattle56

Kohai

• Chief Appliantologist
  • PipPipPip
  • 388 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Coors Light or Vodka

Posted 07 December 2012 - 05:52 PM

Well after reading jb8103's post, needless to say, I was a little worried about replacing the control panel. So I took apart the door and disconnected and reconnected the ribbon strip from the control panel to the control board, no change. Looking closely at the ribbon I notice that the connection points looked all scratched up. So, I went ahead and replaced the control panel. As I was going down to flip the breaker back on, I was praying the problem would be solved. Came back and pressed the Heavy Wash Light came on, pressed Normal Wash Light came on and Heavy went off, pressed Heated Dry, light came on. Pressed start machine started to fill, fell to my knees and thanked God. All is well.

Thanks for all the help.

Edited by richseattle56, 04 March 2013 - 10:41 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Use the Appliantology Parts Finder to Get What You Need!
Enter a model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.

Your Sometimes-Lucid Host:
"If I can't help you fix your appliance and make you 100% satisfied, I will come to your home and slice open my belly,
spilling my steaming entrails onto your floor."

The Appliance Guru | Master Samurai Tech

Real Time Analytics