Use this Search Box to Find Appliance Repair Help Now
Need help finding your model number?
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Welcome to Appliantology.org, the Web's Premiere Appliance Repair Resource for DIYers!

The world-famous Samurai Appliance Repair Forums

You can post a question and get repair help for FREE! Click here to get started.

Already a member of the Appliantology Academy? Just sign in with your username and password in the upper right-hand corner of the screen.

Photo

Whirlpool dishwasher leaks at door Model GU2475XTVQ1

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 jkk

jkk

Yamabushi

• Chief Appliantologist
  • PipPip
  • 99 posts

Posted 06 December 2012 - 08:46 PM

This dishwasher has been sitting for 6 months during a major remodeling project.  It leaked about 1 cup of water throughtout all cycles during the first run.  It leaked a few tablespoons during the last rinse (or after) during the 2nd run.

Does this make sense - maybe the door gasket was not sealing great but is now "re-conforming" to the door and thus the leaking is diminishing and will soon be eliminated?

Is the door gasket the only thing that could cause this type of leak?

Thanks,

Use the Appliantology Parts Search Box to Find What You Need!
Enter your model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

#2 kdog

kdog

RoughShod

• Academy Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,465 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Dickens Cider

Posted 07 December 2012 - 12:13 AM

Manual is here

If it is a wee dribble each time the unit starts after filling, suspect one of the vents - the one in the door, or the one on the side. If something is jamming the side tub vent, or if the one in the door is not opening, water will squirt over the tub from heat/pressure.

Help us keep the lights on: buy appliance parts here ==> http://repairclinic.com

For service manuals and lots of other goodies, become an Apprentice ==> Apprenticeship

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Use the Appliantology Parts Finder to Get What You Need!
Enter a model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.

Your Sometimes-Lucid Host:
Samurai Appliance Repair Man
"If I can't help you fix your appliance and make you 100% satisfied, I will come to your home and slice open my belly,
spilling my steaming entrails onto your floor."

The Appliance Guru | AppliancePartsResource.com | Samurai's Blog

Real Time Analytics