Use this Search Box to Find Appliance Repair Help Now
Need help finding your model number?
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Boot Camp | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Welcome to Appliantology.org, the Web's Premiere Appliance Repair Resource for DIYers!

The world-famous Samurai Appliance Repair Forums

You can post a question and get repair help for FREE! Click here to get started.

Already a member of the Appliantology Academy? Just sign in with your username and password in the upper right-hand corner of the screen.

Photo

Miele dryer T-1515

no heat

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 certified tech group 51

certified tech group 51

Sensei

• Academy Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,500 posts

Posted 08 December 2012 - 10:47 AM

The only way to get to the thermal fuse and cycling t-stat , attached to the rear bulkhead,   is from the front and removing the drum......Tried to remove said drum  but it just laughed at me...........Using the only service manual  I had,  a  T 1400...............Will not come apart.........................Any way, I thought I would price the t-stats, did a parts search for this model, can only find  the 'Use and Care' guide ....................Check for spares in Europe  and it appears the parts are N.L.A....( looking for love in all the wrong places?? ).......... Some places list the model as " no model found" ...................Unit about 10 years old..........Electric........... Nice feature that the front panel swings open like a door and there are the electronics, but no t-stats.....

Use the Appliantology Parts Search Box to Find What You Need!
Enter your model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

#2 kdog

kdog

RoughShod

• Academy Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,465 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Dickens Cider

Posted 08 December 2012 - 03:04 PM

New Manual addition awaits you here: http://appliantology...le-t1500-dryer/

You can only buy parts for these from Miele.

Wiring Diagram here: http://appliantology...iring-diagrams/

Help us keep the lights on: buy appliance parts here ==> http://repairclinic.com

For service manuals and lots of other goodies, become an Apprentice ==> Apprenticeship

#3 kdog

kdog

RoughShod

• Academy Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,465 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Dickens Cider

Posted 08 December 2012 - 03:19 PM

Thermostats (safety) are mounted on the heaterbox - these rarely ever fail and if they are tripped, the dryer door solenoid is energized and kicks the door open to stop dryer.  Ususally this is caused by a buildup of lint in the system and small fibers coating the heater.

Temperature is controlled via thermisters in air ducts; it may be worth noting that the small electronic that is mounted on the door is a motor reversing board - approx every 5 min, the dryer will stop and reverse for 30 seconds and repeat. If this board fails, or wires come loose etc, the motor will not reverse and therefore just sit and heat for the 30 seconds it should be reversing, this will cause the safety's to trip due to lack of air movement.

Help us keep the lights on: buy appliance parts here ==> http://repairclinic.com

For service manuals and lots of other goodies, become an Apprentice ==> Apprenticeship

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Boot Camp | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Use the Appliantology Parts Finder to Get What You Need!
Enter a model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.

Your Sometimes-Lucid Host:
Samurai Appliance Repair Man
"If I can't help you fix your appliance and make you 100% satisfied, I will come to your home and slice open my belly,
spilling my steaming entrails onto your floor."

The Appliance Guru | AppliancePartsResource.com | Samurai's Blog

Real Time Analytics