Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now or use the parts search box:

Parts Search

Begin your journey to appliance repair mastery...

Click here to check out our structured, online appliance repair training courses for rookies and experienced techs.

FAQs | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Podcast | Contact

Stay connected with us...

Samurai on Facebook - become a fan today! Sign up for our free newsletter and keep up with all things Appliantology. Subscribe to our YouTube channel for lots of appliance repair tips and help! Follow the Samurai on Twitter and get timely morsels of Appliantological Wisdom! Subscribe to our MST Radio podcast to learn secrets of the trade.
DurhamAppliance

LG range LRE30451SB intermittent power issues

6 posts in this topic

Customer complains that stove burners may or may not turn on after or when oven is used. Maybe only one burner will come on and at other times two or more may work.  If oven is not used, stove top burners work ok.  Never tackled one of these before. The burners are controlled by a board as opposed to standard switches.  Diagram shows a PCB, Power controller and transformer.   Any help would be appreciated. thanks

http://www.searspartsdirect.com/partsdirect/part-model/LG-Parts/Range-Parts/Model-LRE30451SB/3204/0124111/F0903001/00002?blt=06&prst=&shdMod=

Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now!

Durham

If the SERIAL NUMBER is within 510K to 906M (Oct 2005 thru June 2009)---the MAIN BOARD is the subject of a safety recall.

The original board has TYCO relays (red color).

The revised board has *black* relays.

The reason for this recall is that---the surface burners *could* remain on even if the control/touchpad were turned off.

Have your customer contact LG for a free replacement (if within the Serial Number range).

If the LG range is *not* part of the recall...

Remove the back service panel (top cover) and disconnect/reconnect/lock both ribbon connectors on the MAIN BOARD.

Occassionally---a customer may complain that either the left bank or right bank of surface burners is inop or works erratically.

This is caused by a poor connection (oxidation) of the ribbon connectors.

http://www.lgelectricrangerecall.com/

The stove falls within the recall. Thanks Sensei that was extremely helpful. This is a long time customer of my company.  When I explained  about the free replacement and that  I got the info from an LG expert Tech,  the elated customer shouted, " I could kiss him!"

But  before you start splashing on the expensive cologne, I have to tell you the customer is a usually crabby 83 year old  man. Well, in any event, he is as happy as a tick on a fat three-legged dog....and so am I. Thanks again.

LOL :)

If there was ever any doubt you were in NC it has been removed after that! Lol!