Use this Search Box to Find Appliance Repair Help Now
Need help finding your model number?
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Welcome to Appliantology.org, the Web's Premiere Appliance Repair Resource for DIYers!

The world-famous Samurai Appliance Repair Forums

You can post a question and get repair help for FREE! Click here to get started.

Already a member of the Appliantology Academy? Just sign in with your username and password in the upper right-hand corner of the screen.

Photo

Maytag Neptune Stacking Gas Dryer Model MLE2000AYH

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 richt

richt

Samanera

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 12 posts

Posted 09 December 2012 - 12:02 PM

Hi,  I have a maytag neptune stacking gas dryer model MLE2000AYH which has stopped working - when you turn the dial to select the drying cycle I hear a noise that sounds to me a bit like a timer ticking.  When I push the start button it just makes a buzzing noise and the dryer does not turn on.  I tried to record the timer "clicking" noise but it is very faint.  the movie which is attached ( a .mov file which will play in quicktime) plays the sound of the buzzing noise when the start button is pushed. 

Attached File  maytag dryer.mov   76.53KB   9 downloads

Appreciate any advice you can give.

Thanks

Rich

Use the Appliantology Parts Search Box to Find What You Need!
Enter your model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

#2 Cactus Bob

Cactus Bob

Senpai

• Sublime Master of Appliantology
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 553 posts

Posted 09 December 2012 - 02:33 PM

Sounds like a frozen drive motor or a jammed belt or drum

did you remove the drive belt and try to spin the motor by hand ?

SORRY ABOUT THE SPELLING , I FIX GREAT , I DON'T SPELL WELL

#3 richt

richt

Samanera

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 12 posts

Posted 09 December 2012 - 05:22 PM

I haven't done anything yet as I really don't know much about dryers.  I've managed to make a number of appliance repairs over the years w/ the help of this forum but didn't want to start anything as I didn't know how big a deal it was to start taking thing apart.  Even if I can't fix it myself at least I can speak more intelligently to our repair person.  (I did pull the circuit board and re-soldered it on our Bosch dishwasher when the bad relay solder joint went so i am comfortable taking things apart to fix them if it's not too involved).

Think this is something I should try and tacke?

Thanks

#4 kdog

kdog

RoughShod

• Appliantology Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,465 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Dickens Cider

Posted 09 December 2012 - 07:56 PM

I have a maytag neptune stacking gas dryer model MLE2000AYH

MLE should be electric, gas would be MLG - here's the manual: http://appliantology...ectric-mle2000/

Help us keep the lights on: buy appliance parts here ==> http://repairclinic.com

For service manuals and lots of other goodies, become an Apprentice ==> Apprenticeship

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Use the Appliantology Parts Finder to Get What You Need!
Enter a model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.

Your Sometimes-Lucid Host:
Samurai Appliance Repair Man
"If I can't help you fix your appliance and make you 100% satisfied, I will come to your home and slice open my belly,
spilling my steaming entrails onto your floor."

The Appliance Guru | AppliancePartsResource.com | Samurai's Blog

Real Time Analytics