Use this Search Box to Find Appliance Repair Help Now
Need help finding your model number?
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Welcome to Appliantology.org, the Web's Premiere Appliance Repair Resource for DIYers!

The world-famous Samurai Appliance Repair Forums

You can post a question and get repair help for FREE! Click here to get started.

Already a member of the Appliantology Academy? Just sign in with your username and password in the upper right-hand corner of the screen.

Photo

Should I repair, or buy new?

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 Bratton

Bratton

Ikkō-ikki

• Grasshoppah
  • PipPip
  • 52 posts

Posted 10 December 2012 - 07:35 PM

I have a frigidaire Model # FDB750RCS0. They heating element does not function and  the control dial sticks in 2 different places so it will run all day if I am not home.  I don't know the year of this unit ( at least 5 years old). Is this a cheap easy fix or should I just buy a new dishwasher?

Use the Appliantology Parts Search Box to Find What You Need!
Enter your model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

#2 jumptrout

jumptrout

Sensei

• Academy Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,373 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Coors Light

Posted 10 December 2012 - 07:47 PM

The timer may be sticking because of the No Heat problem.

Where is it sticking and in which cycle?

#3 kdog

kdog

RoughShod

• Academy Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,465 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Dickens Cider

Posted 10 December 2012 - 08:10 PM

http://www.repaircli...mber=FDB750RCS0

(w/video):

High-Limit-Thermostat-154290204-00628954

Help us keep the lights on: buy appliance parts here ==> http://repairclinic.com

For service manuals and lots of other goodies, become an Apprentice ==> Apprenticeship

#4 Bratton

Bratton

Ikkō-ikki

• Grasshoppah
  • PipPip
  • 52 posts

Posted 10 December 2012 - 08:30 PM

Sticks during the wash cycle, then again just before the drying cycle begins.

#5 kdog

kdog

RoughShod

• Academy Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,465 posts

Posted 10 December 2012 - 08:33 PM

Test the fuse as in the video in the above link, order replacement there if the fuse is open

Help us keep the lights on: buy appliance parts here ==> http://repairclinic.com

For service manuals and lots of other goodies, become an Apprentice ==> Apprenticeship

#6 Bratton

Bratton

Ikkō-ikki

• Grasshoppah
  • PipPip
  • 52 posts

Posted 10 December 2012 - 08:49 PM

Where is that fuse? Easy access?

#7 kdog

kdog

RoughShod

• Academy Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,465 posts

Posted 10 December 2012 - 08:54 PM

Yes - remove kickpanel, fuse is in series with heater along the left side underneath

#8 Scottthewolf

Scottthewolf

Senpai

• Academy Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,498 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Dunkin Donuts Coffee

Posted 10 December 2012 - 09:36 PM

I have a frigidaire Model # FDB750RCS0. They heating element does not function and  the control dial sticks in 2 different places so it will run all day if I am not home.  I don't know the year of this unit ( at least 5 years old). Is this a cheap easy fix or should I just buy a new dishwasher?

NEVER EVER run any of your appliances when you are not home.  The only appliance that should be on when you aren't home is your refrigerator.  You could come back to a flooded house or you might come home to find you  don't have a house  anymore cause it went up in flames.

Scott Wolf

#9 DurhamAppliance

DurhamAppliance

Sho' Nuff Chozin

• Grand Master Funk
  • 4,018 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Bells Two Hearted

Posted 10 December 2012 - 11:49 PM

"Should I repair my old appliance or buy a new one?"   An age old question. However, with many of these new appliances, the current question is "should I repair my old appliance or buy a new one and repair it?"

Edited by DurhamAppliance, 10 December 2012 - 11:54 PM.

Appliantology is, however appliances are not, an exact science for I know there are a few refrigerators that actually hate me.

The simplest explanation is most likely the correct and least expensive one, unless it's your compressor or motherboard" Occam as an appliantologist

"When you have eliminated all the impossible, whatever remains, however implausible, must be the logic truth; unless it's your compressor or motherboard." Mr. Spock as an appliantologist

"I think, therefore I have no earthly idea why this thing is not working...I got nothin'...". Rumored to have been uttered by a frustrated Descartes while diagnosing his GE Profile.

#10 Chat_in_FL

Chat_in_FL

Sensei

• Academy Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,145 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:on the house...

Posted 11 December 2012 - 06:28 AM

I have a frigidaire Model # FDB750RCS0. They heating element does not function and  the control dial sticks in 2 different places so it will run all day if I am not home.

Does the heating element get hot if you advance the timer to dry (yeah -- I know you said heating element does not function, just double checking :thumbsup: )? This thing has "booster" thermostats that stall the timer until they sense the water is hot. If the heater and "Hi-Limit" thermostat check OK, then I would suspect these "booster" thermostats (not pictured of parts diagram).

Edited by Chat_in_RI, 11 December 2012 - 06:59 AM.

We, the unwilling, led by the unknowing, are doing the impossible for the ungrateful. We have done so much, for so long, with so little, we are now qualified to do anything with nothing.

Mother Teresa

#11 Budget Appliance Repair

Budget Appliance Repair

Sensei

• Academy Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,514 posts

Posted 11 December 2012 - 08:09 AM

Most likely going to be the hi-limit safety t-stat in the left rear corner as Kdog linked to.  Seems to be a somewhat common problem on these Frikadaire dishwashers.

All the ones I've seen fail has been because of the rivet that holds the terminal to the t-stat itself being loose and causing the connectors to over heat thus causing the t-stat to fail.   Be sure to replace the wiring and connector also if they look at all burnt/overheated.

William Burk (Willie)
Willie's Budget Appliance Repair
Eureka, CA 95501

#12 Bratton

Bratton

Ikkō-ikki

• Grasshoppah
  • PipPip
  • 52 posts

Posted 11 December 2012 - 08:31 PM

In reply to Chat in RI ( guessing that is the "Ocean State" ) the heating element does not warm up when advancing to the drying cycle. I will check the heating element and the hi limit T stat and go from there.

Hoping K dog is correct.

#13 kdog

kdog

RoughShod

• Academy Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,465 posts

Posted 11 December 2012 - 08:49 PM

As Willie mentioned, it is quite common

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Use the Appliantology Parts Finder to Get What You Need!
Enter a model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.

Your Sometimes-Lucid Host:
Samurai Appliance Repair Man
"If I can't help you fix your appliance and make you 100% satisfied, I will come to your home and slice open my belly,
spilling my steaming entrails onto your floor."

The Appliance Guru | AppliancePartsResource.com | Samurai's Blog

Real Time Analytics