Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now or use the parts search box:

Parts Search

Dumbstruck by the new computer-controlled appliances? Let the Samurai enlighten you…

Click here to check out our structured, online appliance repair training courses for rookies and experienced techs.

FAQs | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Podcast | Contact

Stay connected with us...

Samurai on Facebook - become a fan today! Sign up for our free newsletter and keep up with all things Appliantology. Subscribe to our YouTube channel for lots of appliance repair tips and help! Follow the Samurai on Twitter and get timely morsels of Appliantological Wisdom! Subscribe to our MST Radio podcast to learn secrets of the trade.
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
tmfixit2

Sears 110.92585800

6 posts in this topic

Hello, again.

Today my washing machine is starting to act up.  It appears that it spins too slow.  If I move it back and forth by hand it feels tight but after a couple of back and forth turns, it frees up a bit, but not for long.  I had reports of a burning type smell, but I did not smell this myself.

My conclusion is that the clutch is shot and binding.  What I'm looking for is a confirmation that this is the likely culprit for this type of problem.

Thanks in advance.

tm

Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now!

This makes good sense and explains the free-sometimes, sometimes-not phenomenom.

I'll check this in the morning.

Thanks,

tm

Nothing found in between the tubs but a heavy build up of lint type debris between the vertical center sections of both tubs.   Removal may or may not help, the spin clutch seems OK, I can see it working and there is still material on the clutch. 

Since I didn't actually see this problem happen, burning smell and all, I'm thinking that the tub was overloaded and just took a long time to spin up to speed.

thanks,

tm

Gearcase oil on the clutch will also cause a slow spin.  Look for a gearcase oil leak.

Clutch is dry.

Thanks,

tm

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0