Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now or use the parts search box:

Parts Search

Learn appliance repair at online the Master Samurai Tech Academy.  Learn more.  Earn more.

FAQs | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Podcast | Contact

• Announcements

• Samurai Appliance Repair Man

***READ THIS PRIOR TO STARTING A NEW TOPIC***   05/02/2016

Topics with the complete and accurate model number in the topic title will get priority attention. You can validate your model number by entering into the form on this page: http://www.repairclinic.com/?clearLs=true For more help on using Appliantology effectively, please see this page:  
AlexM

LG Fridge Model# LFX25960ST, Totally Stumped!

10 posts in this topic

This LG Fridge Model# LFX25960ST is giving me a run for its money.  The original complaint was not cooling, I put a hard start kit on and compressor, ran great.  I ordered the overload part# 6750C-0004R and it showed up seperatly but looks a little different than the original with the wire tab on the left in stead of center like the original. I ordered the capacitor part# J513-00012P and it looks the same but the original was 180 VAC and the new one is 160 VAC, does that matter?  I ordered the Start relay part# EBG31940225 and what showed up is the relay and overload all with wire harness, and it is labeled from LG as a Thermistor Assembly.  Only one problem, the relay doesn't look like the original in that there are only two places to connect wire and if i use it, i will have one wire 'extra'.  My parts supplier can't give me anything to go on so now what.  This proves that i'm a lot more likely a parts changing monkey than a tech.  Thanks for any insight...post-71964-0-28269600-1355356834_thumb.j

Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now!

I had the exact issue with the same model # before - this got me out of it.

The components do not all show up on the literature - at the time I was working for a very large company that had alot of pull with LG and I begged them to contact LG to correct this issue for future folks that get caught.

I did not replace the capacitor as it was not required

Wow!  how the heck did you know how to fix this?  I ordered the part, will I have a difficult time re-connecting the wires to the relay?  the original has (3) prongs and the one I ordered has (4)?  Thanks again for saving my arse!

This proves that i'm a lot more likely a parts changing monkey than a tech.  Thanks for any insight...[img=http://appliantology.org/public/style_images/master/attachicon.gif] LGfridgeParts.JPG

A parts changing monkey may be lower on the evolutionary scale than a true tech but even the best true tech devolves from time to time.

Wow! how the heck did you know to fix that?

To paraphrase Isaac Hayes

You see K dog is a bad mutha __

(Shut your mouth)

But I'm talkin about The Dog

(Then we can dig it)

Edited by DurhamAppliance

One of the prongs on the realy will just be unused - no biggie, I knew this because i was sent to the fridge with a control board that had been ordered and overnighted (very costly delivery) - just to find out there was no issue with the board, can't just look at the lady and say I need to order parts again (no fridge!), rummage around in truck and find replacement by eyeball matchup (no app for that).

I should expand on that a bit - I recognized the particular model of Embraco compressor that I have seen many times in W/P built fridges and went from there,

Relay terminals are all numbered

jUST CURIOUS,

Why didnt you leave the hard to start kit in if it was working?

It wasn't working that well, the ice was melting in the door ice maker...?  good question

It wasn't working that well, the ice was melting in the door ice maker...?  good question

Temperature measurements in both compartments?

Dispenser flapper closing all the way?  

Flap closing all the way.  When i checked the fridge was 40f and the freezer was 6f, not sure if it was on the back side of a defrost cycle.