Use this Search Box to Find Appliance Repair Help Now
Need help finding your model number?
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Welcome to Appliantology.org, the Web's Premiere Appliance Repair Resource for DIYers!

The world-famous Samurai Appliance Repair Forums

You can post a question and get repair help for FREE! Click here to get started.

Already a member of the Appliantology Academy? Just sign in with your username and password in the upper right-hand corner of the screen.

Photo

LG Fridge Model# LFX25960ST, Totally Stumped!

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 AlexM

AlexM

Kohai

• Chief Appliantologist
  • PipPipPip
  • 376 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Root Beer

Posted 12 December 2012 - 07:01 PM

This LG Fridge Model# LFX25960ST is giving me a run for its money.  The original complaint was not cooling, I put a hard start kit on and compressor, ran great.  I ordered the overload part# 6750C-0004R and it showed up seperatly but looks a little different than the original with the wire tab on the left in stead of center like the original. I ordered the capacitor part# J513-00012P and it looks the same but the original was 180 VAC and the new one is 160 VAC, does that matter?  I ordered the Start relay part# EBG31940225 and what showed up is the relay and overload all with wire harness, and it is labeled from LG as a Thermistor Assembly.  Only one problem, the relay doesn't look like the original in that there are only two places to connect wire and if i use it, i will have one wire 'extra'.  My parts supplier can't give me anything to go on so now what.  This proves that i'm a lot more likely a parts changing monkey than a tech.  Thanks for any insight...Attached File  LGfridgeParts.JPG   39.04KB   20 downloads

Use the Appliantology Parts Search Box to Find What You Need!
Enter your model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

#2 kdog

kdog

RoughShod

• Appliantology Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,465 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Dickens Cider

Posted 12 December 2012 - 09:29 PM

I had the exact issue with the same model # before - this got me out of it.

The components do not all show up on the literature - at the time I was working for a very large company that had alot of pull with LG and I begged them to contact LG to correct this issue for future folks that get caught.

I did not replace the capacitor as it was not required

Help us keep the lights on: buy appliance parts here ==> http://repairclinic.com

For service manuals and lots of other goodies, become an Apprentice ==> Apprenticeship

#3 AlexM

AlexM

Kohai

• Chief Appliantologist
  • PipPipPip
  • 376 posts

Posted 12 December 2012 - 10:36 PM

Wow!  how the heck did you know how to fix this?  I ordered the part, will I have a difficult time re-connecting the wires to the relay?  the original has (3) prongs and the one I ordered has (4)?  Thanks again for saving my arse!

#4 DurhamAppliance

DurhamAppliance

Sho' Nuff Chozin

• Grand Master Funk
  • 4,429 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Bells Two Hearted

Posted 12 December 2012 - 10:48 PM

This proves that i'm a lot more likely a parts changing monkey than a tech.  Thanks for any insight...[img]http://appliantology.org/public/style_images/master/attachicon.gif[/img] LGfridgeParts.JPG

A parts changing monkey may be lower on the evolutionary scale than a true tech but even the best true tech devolves from time to time.

Durham Appliance Thrift & Repair, LLC

www.DurhamApplianceThrift.com

#5 DurhamAppliance

DurhamAppliance

Sho' Nuff Chozin

• Grand Master Funk
  • 4,429 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Bells Two Hearted

Posted 12 December 2012 - 11:01 PM

Wow! how the heck did you know to fix that?

To paraphrase Isaac Hayes

You see K dog is a bad mutha __
(Shut your mouth)
But I'm talkin about The Dog
(Then we can dig it)

Edited by DurhamAppliance, 12 December 2012 - 11:03 PM.

Durham Appliance Thrift & Repair, LLC

www.DurhamApplianceThrift.com

#6 kdog

kdog

RoughShod

• Appliantology Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,465 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Dickens Cider

Posted 12 December 2012 - 11:36 PM

One of the prongs on the realy will just be unused - no biggie, I knew this because i was sent to the fridge with a control board that had been ordered and overnighted (very costly delivery) - just to find out there was no issue with the board, can't just look at the lady and say I need to order parts again (no fridge!), rummage around in truck and find replacement by eyeball matchup (no app for that).

I should expand on that a bit - I recognized the particular model of Embraco compressor that I have seen many times in W/P built fridges and went from there,

Relay terminals are all numbered

Help us keep the lights on: buy appliance parts here ==> http://repairclinic.com

For service manuals and lots of other goodies, become an Apprentice ==> Apprenticeship

#7 dryerman45

dryerman45

SAMANERA

• Chief Appliantologist
  • PipPipPip
  • 220 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:rootbeer

Posted 13 December 2012 - 09:48 PM

jUST CURIOUS,

Why didnt you leave the hard to start kit in if it was working?

#8 AlexM

AlexM

Kohai

• Chief Appliantologist
  • PipPipPip
  • 376 posts

Posted 14 December 2012 - 12:09 AM

It wasn't working that well, the ice was melting in the door ice maker...?  good question

#9 Samurai Appliance Repair Man

Samurai Appliance Repair Man

Shōgun

• Fermented Grand Master
  • 28,872 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Sapporo Original Draft Rice Lager

Posted 14 December 2012 - 08:37 AM

It wasn't working that well, the ice was melting in the door ice maker...?  good question

Temperature measurements in both compartments?

Dispenser flapper closing all the way?  

#10 AlexM

AlexM

Kohai

• Chief Appliantologist
  • PipPipPip
  • 376 posts

Posted 14 December 2012 - 09:40 AM

Flap closing all the way.  When i checked the fridge was 40f and the freezer was 6f, not sure if it was on the back side of a defrost cycle.   

Recent blog entries on this topic

Photo

LG Refrigerator Compressor Start Relay Madness

By Samurai Appliance Repair Man in Samurai Appliance Repair Man's Blog, on 13 December 2012 - 06:51 AM

Every now and then, you run into a real CF  when you're trying to order a part to fix an appliance.  A case in point is trying to get a start relay kit for some models of LG refrigerators, such as the LFX25960ST.  http://appliantology.org/uploads/gallery/album_4/gallery_4_4_495498.png Grand Master kdog, adept extroidinaire of all things appliance repair,...

Read Full Entry →

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Use the Appliantology Parts Finder to Get What You Need!
Enter a model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.

Your Sometimes-Lucid Host:
Samurai Appliance Repair Man
"If I can't help you fix your appliance and make you 100% satisfied, I will come to your home and slice open my belly,
spilling my steaming entrails onto your floor."

The Appliance Guru | AppliancePartsResource.com | Samurai's Blog

Real Time Analytics