Use this Search Box to Find Appliance Repair Help Now
Need help finding your model number?
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Welcome to Appliantology.org, the Web's Premiere Appliance Repair Resource for DIYers!

The world-famous Samurai Appliance Repair Forums

You can post a question and get repair help for FREE! Click here to get started.

Already a member of the Appliantology Academy? Just sign in with your username and password in the upper right-hand corner of the screen.

Photo

Frigidaire Electric Oven FGES3065KFA

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 GreenestOne

GreenestOne

Yamabushi

• Chief Appliantologist
  • PipPip
  • 75 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:java

Posted 14 December 2012 - 09:32 AM

The owner complained that in the middle of the night the oven would start beeping and the error code  E0 -14 was displayed.

I looked online for for what the code was and how to take care of the problem. Two different sources said that I should open the console release the ribbons connecting the touchpad and the control board clean them with alcohol (even use a toothbrush), wait until the contacts were dry and reinstall them and check oven for operation. I did so and the error code E0-14 reappeared. Both sources said to replace the control board if this reoccured. I replaced the board and when turning the power back on the code PF for power failure appeared. I simply set the clock and all the functions of the stove were working. 

The next day the owner called back and said the beeping happened again when they were NOT even using the oven.

They had turned the breaker off each time the code would come on. I went back out, turned the breaker on, reset the clock and everything 

was working. 

We had talked about past performance of the oven, the oven they had before, all on the same circuit. They had no problem with the older oven and none with the new one for about two years until the now(The present). The touchpad when keyed in performed

every function when I touched the pad. I thought at first perhaps with the oven heating up or the front burners near the touchpad on

the heat would somehow cause some expansion and cause a short in the electrical. BUT the problem appeared when the oven was not even on.

So?

Use the Appliantology Parts Search Box to Find What You Need!
Enter your model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

#2 GreenestOne

GreenestOne

Yamabushi

• Chief Appliantologist
  • PipPip
  • 75 posts

Posted 14 December 2012 - 09:36 AM

Sorry, I forgot to mention I had to go out again, the next day after the owner called telling me that the oven was beeping at 2:00a.m that morning. (3rd time)

#3 DurhamAppliance

DurhamAppliance

Sho' Nuff Chozin

• Grand Master Funk
  • 4,557 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Bells Two Hearted

Posted 14 December 2012 - 09:55 AM

Just stated this a few minutes ago in another post but may apply here as well....

I have been sent on many wild goose chases by board diagnostics and service manual recommended fixes suggesting board replacement only to find a bad thermal fuse or malfunctioning probe. So now I always check fuses, probe and door switches on all oven repairs before I replace a board. It can be a pain but can save time and the embarrasment of putting in a board only to find out it was a thermal limit fuse. No matter if you show the customer the service manual or error code advising board replacement, he will start to second guess your expertise as you give him the refund.
(ps... you can always tell the customer it needed a fuse as well as a board...but you may wind up in the seventh circle of appliantological hell so we won't ever do that now would we?  :devil:  )

Also with this error, don't rule out a malfunctioning keypad despite cleaning ribbons or testing buttons. btw did you clear error codes?

Edited by DurhamAppliance, 14 December 2012 - 10:05 AM.

Durham Appliance Thrift & Repair, LLC

www.DurhamApplianceThrift.com

#4 RegUS_PatOff

RegUS_PatOff

Sensei

• Academy Instructor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 33,588 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Chief NTSC Black & White

Posted 14 December 2012 - 11:08 AM

from the 318127057.pdf tech sheets:

E014

Loss of Display tail #0.

Check connection P1 on ESEC-UIB and P1 on ESEC Rotary HI Board (RR).

Loss of Display tail #1.

Check connection P2 on ESEC-UIB and P2 on ESEC Rotary HI Board (RF).

Loss of Keyboard Tail.

Check connection J2 on ESEC-UIB and J8 (RF).

one of my video productions: “Easter Seals: Walk With Me”

every day is Down Syndrome Awareness Day
"A Child Is Waiting" . Burt Lancaster . Judy Garland . 1962

RegUS_PatOff > www.youtube.com/watch?v=oPAY2LsKVEw

#5 GreenestOne

GreenestOne

Yamabushi

• Chief Appliantologist
  • PipPip
  • 75 posts

Posted 14 December 2012 - 03:01 PM

What is "loss of tail" ?

#6 Samurai Appliance Repair Man

Samurai Appliance Repair Man

Shōgun

• Master Samurai Tech
  • 29,022 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Sapporo Original Draft Rice Lager

Posted 15 December 2012 - 09:59 AM

What is "loss of tail" ?

That's when you ain't gettin' none o' dis:  essappqp.gif

#7 DurhamAppliance

DurhamAppliance

Sho' Nuff Chozin

• Grand Master Funk
  • 4,557 posts

Posted 15 December 2012 - 11:59 AM

That's when you ain't gettin' none o' dis:  [img]http://i160.photobucket.com/albums/t200/Zenzoidman/Shoebox/essappqp.gif[/img]

Lol... Now that's worth repeating.

#8 GreenestOne

GreenestOne

Yamabushi

• Chief Appliantologist
  • PipPip
  • 75 posts

Posted 15 December 2012 - 12:40 PM

I was expecting something to help me complete this job. Did you guys understand what RegUS-Pat Off sent. I could read the schematic he posted, but don't 

have enough related experience to know what I'm looking for. Even if I find different resistances, what needs to be replaced?

Need your help, thanks! I don't mind the joke.

#9 Chat_in_FL

Chat_in_FL

Sensei

• Appliantology Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,276 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:on the house...

Posted 15 December 2012 - 02:14 PM

What is "loss of tail" ?

Loose or bad connection, check related connections.

We, the unwilling, led by the unknowing, are doing the impossible for the ungrateful. We have done so much, for so long, with so little, we are now qualified to do anything with nothing.

Mother Teresa

#10 DurhamAppliance

DurhamAppliance

Sho' Nuff Chozin

• Grand Master Funk
  • 4,557 posts

Posted 15 December 2012 - 04:43 PM

I was expecting something to help me complete this job. 

Need your help, thanks! I don't mind the joke.

You're right. We just thought you understood what to do but just wanted to know a term of art. Heck, I hardly ever know what  Sensei Reg is talkiing about, I just do what he suggests. Anyhow Samurai, you and I have been caught passing notes and acting up in class. I guess we gotta go sit in  the Academy's time-out room for a while.

#11 kdog

kdog

RoughShod

• Appliantology Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,465 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Dickens Cider

Posted 16 December 2012 - 03:00 AM

Those ranges are nasty!  the codes you are seeing are related to the surface unit components which are potentiometer controls that also feed into the main board so any of those ribbons can cause issues. The diagnostic procedure only narrows it down to 2 of the 5 boards contained within the unit - so likely one or both of those or a potentiometer

Help us keep the lights on: buy appliance parts here ==> http://repairclinic.com

For service manuals and lots of other goodies, become an Apprentice ==> Apprenticeship

#12 Samurai Appliance Repair Man

Shōgun

• Master Samurai Tech
  • 29,022 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Sapporo Original Draft Rice Lager

Posted 16 December 2012 - 07:31 AM

Anyhow Samurai, you and I have been caught passing notes and acting up in class. I guess we gotta go sit in  the Academy's time-out room for a while.

I have dishonored myself. There is only one solution... boglgtpq.gif

#13 DurhamAppliance

DurhamAppliance

Sho' Nuff Chozin

• Grand Master Funk
  • 4,557 posts

Posted 16 December 2012 - 12:08 PM

I have dishonored myself. There is only one solution... boglgtpq.gif

i commend and admire your adherence to Bushido and I apologize, Sensei, for my lack of faith in the philosophical principles of the warrior code. Although less dramatic, I'd rather adhere to the cowardly, procrastinatory priniciples of certain western religions .... ie... I'd rather burn in hell TOMORROW, for any sins I commit today. So back to the boring yet painless time-out room for me.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Use the Appliantology Parts Finder to Get What You Need!
Enter a model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.

Your Sometimes-Lucid Host:
"If I can't help you fix your appliance and make you 100% satisfied, I will come to your home and slice open my belly,
spilling my steaming entrails onto your floor."

The Appliance Guru | AppliancePartsResource.com | Samurai's Blog

Real Time Analytics