Use this Search Box to Find Appliance Repair Help Now
Need help finding your model number?
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Welcome to Appliantology.org, the Web's Premiere Appliance Repair Resource for DIYers!

The world-famous Samurai Appliance Repair Forums

You can post a question and get repair help for FREE! Click here to get started.

Already a member of the Appliantology Academy? Just sign in with your username and password in the upper right-hand corner of the screen.

Photo

Kenmore refrigerator problem with ice dispenser model 106.58962702

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 jeauxkewl

jeauxkewl

Ikkō-ikki

• Grasshoppah
  • PipPip
  • 27 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Anything cold and paid for.... :-)

Posted 15 December 2012 - 12:23 PM

Hi gang, long time since I've been here but in need of professional advice. Have a friend that has the aforementioned Kenmore fridge and the ice dispenser won't hold ice as the flapper door isn't doing the right thing.  I pulled it apart and it appears one of the formed jaws on the ice dispenser housing is broken and the flapper is just sitting there with no support. Tried servall city and the parts place this site supports and servall said to call Sears. Called them, they're telling me the 'housing' is part of the door, not sold separately, and is nearly $600 delivered. That's a lot of dough to repair a 4 year old fridge, thought I'd float it by the pros here to see if anyone has any suggestions. 

In this drawing, it's item number 1:  http://c.searspartsd...02004-00008.png

Any helpful hints or suggestions? Thanks in advance... 

Use the Appliantology Parts Search Box to Find What You Need!
Enter your model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

#2 DurhamAppliance

DurhamAppliance

Sho' Nuff Chozin

• Grand Master Funk
  • 4,406 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Bells Two Hearted

Posted 15 December 2012 - 01:49 PM

$600? Tell them they've lost their collective minds. This is a known issue and several methods of repair. http://appliantology...enser-door-kit/ ... in short, using part no 8201756 or repaired with ingenuity courtesy of Sensei Certifiedtech

Dispenser-Door-Flap-8201756-00752884.jpg

Edited by Samurai Appliance Repair Man, 09 January 2013 - 05:40 PM.
Added part link to flapper kit.

Durham Appliance Thrift & Repair, LLC

www.DurhamApplianceThrift.com

#3 kdog

kdog

RoughShod

• Appliantology Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,465 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Dickens Cider

Posted 16 December 2012 - 02:39 AM

The link in your link did not survive the upgrade, more info here: http://applianceguru...orum1/7044.html

Help us keep the lights on: buy appliance parts here ==> http://repairclinic.com

For service manuals and lots of other goodies, become an Apprentice ==> Apprenticeship

#4 Scottthewolf

Scottthewolf

Senpai

• Appliantology Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,724 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Dunkin Donuts Coffee

Posted 16 December 2012 - 10:23 PM

Selling Everything and Repairing Shit

That's Sears for ya!

Edited by Scottthewolf, 16 December 2012 - 10:24 PM.

Scott Wolf

#5 jeauxkewl

jeauxkewl

Ikkō-ikki

• Grasshoppah
  • PipPip
  • 27 posts

Posted 02 January 2013 - 11:31 AM

Wow, I thought I had the settings turned on to get emails when replies were provided... this is fantastic news. Since this is for a friend, I went ahead and ordered the part, we'll see how it goes. Thanks VERY much for the advice!

#6 jeauxkewl

jeauxkewl

Ikkō-ikki

• Grasshoppah
  • PipPip
  • 27 posts

Posted 09 January 2013 - 01:10 PM

Done and done. The kit worked beautifully. Thanks again for the great advice.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Use the Appliantology Parts Finder to Get What You Need!
Enter a model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.

Your Sometimes-Lucid Host:
Samurai Appliance Repair Man
"If I can't help you fix your appliance and make you 100% satisfied, I will come to your home and slice open my belly,
spilling my steaming entrails onto your floor."

The Appliance Guru | AppliancePartsResource.com | Samurai's Blog

Real Time Analytics