Use this Search Box to Find Appliance Repair Help Now
Need help finding your model number?
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Welcome to Appliantology.org, the Web's Premiere Appliance Repair Resource for DIYers!

The world-famous Samurai Appliance Repair Forums

You can post a question and get repair help for FREE! Click here to get started.

Already a member of the Appliantology Academy? Just sign in with your username and password in the upper right-hand corner of the screen.

Photo

K/M labeled LG.....795.69299902

wants I/M installed

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 certified tech group 51

certified tech group 51

Sensei

• Appliantology Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,536 posts

Posted 17 December 2012 - 11:35 AM

Customer wants an  automatic I/M installed...Going by the parts list all you get is a $ 20.00 :woot: ice cube tray.. (same trays you get at the dollar store for a dollar  )...I tried using Regs style of  swapping control board part numbers and such but, I failed.......This is a simple machine , freezer on top....customer cannot find  a   "  For ice maker use kit number  XXXX "   label any where...   Any thing out there ?????......... Ain't been there yet to check for myself.....

Use the Appliantology Parts Search Box to Find What You Need!
Enter your model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

#2 Chat_in_FL

Chat_in_FL

Sensei

• Appliantology Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,296 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:on the house...

Posted 17 December 2012 - 12:19 PM

You might be outta luck, don't think this model is "Ice Maker ready."

From Owner's Manual:  NOTE: Automatic Ice Maker feature is included only in certain models. Other models are Ice Maker ready. Please check your product specifications.

We, the unwilling, led by the unknowing, are doing the impossible for the ungrateful. We have done so much, for so long, with so little, we are now qualified to do anything with nothing.

Mother Teresa

#3 certified tech group 51

certified tech group 51

Sensei

• Appliantology Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,536 posts

Posted 04 January 2013 - 02:57 PM

Stopped by real fast and the customer had the refer pulled out .....................I told the owner there may be a label on the back that might  say some thing like 'Use I/M Kit XXXX"................No such label............................Checked for a 'Use and Care' guide, all they had was a ' Quick Start ' guide........There was a plug-in for the water valve where the water valve normally would be........At the top , I pulled a protruding cap and it revealed a 'fill tube'  passage,..............But I failed to look behind the little cover on the evaporator panel where the I/M connector would be.......................Rats........... :wallbash: ...

#4 certified tech group 51

certified tech group 51

Sensei

• Appliantology Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,536 posts

Posted 08 January 2013 - 10:48 AM

Broke down and called Sears Parts......gave me the part number 5989JA0002P as the 'Ice Maker Kit' and to be sure, I asked the guy does this come with the water valve and all of the other parts???...............The guy sez "Yup, all of the parts"...... When I run the p/n, it shows an I/M but no other parts...........................I think I will install a Whirlpool after market kit, wires and all................An ice cube is a ice cube ........................ "Service is our middle name".

#5 certified tech group 51

certified tech group 51

Sensei

• Appliantology Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,536 posts

Posted 09 January 2013 - 10:56 AM

Why do I feel like Jeff Dunham???.. :silly: .........While looking for some items at the warehouse, I found a used L.G. ice maker p/n 5989JA0002e.. ( who knew I had one??? I didn't )...........I had already received the W/P ice maker kit P/N 4396418.........The mounting tabs are the same on the two  ice makers.......All I gotta do now is make a custom wire harness, 1/2  W/P at the ice maker end  and the other 1/2 of an L.G...........................Trying to piece  together an L.G. water valve, tubing and  fill tube is for the birds.............Now I gotta see if the customer wants W/P shaped ice cubes  or   L.G. shaped  ice cubes...........

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Use the Appliantology Parts Finder to Get What You Need!
Enter a model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.

Your Sometimes-Lucid Host:
Samurai Appliance Repair Man
"If I can't help you fix your appliance and make you 100% satisfied, I will come to your home and slice open my belly,
spilling my steaming entrails onto your floor."

The Appliance Guru | AppliancePartsResource.com | Samurai's Blog

Real Time Analytics