Click here to check out our structured, online appliance repair training courses for rookies and experienced techs.

FAQs | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Contact

• Upcoming Events

• 27 April 2024 02:00 PM Until 03:00 PM
      All Appliantology tech members are invited to join in this workshop on all things Appliantological: bidness, customers, tools, troubleshooting, flavorite brewski, whatever. Webcams and microphones are open and live!
      This workshop is also a great time for any students at Master Samurai Tech to bring any and all questions about the coursework. We're happy to walk through any concepts you're having trouble with. Think of it like office hours with your teachers. 
      If you have a specific appliance problem you'd like us to talk about, post it here! We need a problem statement and a PDF of the tech sheet or schematic so we can all see it on screen share. If you have a PDF that isn't already in the File library here at Appliantology, send it to us by attaching it to the contact form. 
      Also, follow this Calendar Event so you'll get notified of new posts here. Look for the "Follow" button either at the top of the topic on desktop or below the topic on mobile.
      Who: This workshop is only available to tech members at Appliantology.
      When: Saturday, April 27 @10:00 AM Eastern Time.
      Where: Online via Zoom
      How:
      Click here to go to the forum topic with the registration link. If you're interested, register now. Arrive a couple minutes early to make sure your connection is working. Set a reminder for yourself for this workshop so you don’t miss it.  And check out past workshops here: https://appliantology.org/announcement/33-webinar-recordings-index-page/

MVWC200XW1 Maytag Centennial Washer

ApplianceMagic

My first run-in with one of these things.  Washer will not start, it just keeps sensing.  Door locks and unlocks, but sensing forever. 

Manual and a tip would be nice.

Thanks.

Well I stood there for at least 5 minutes and it did nothing but "sensing".  It was probably closer to 10.

For the record...

I couldn't even get it to go into diagnostics mode.

BUT...

As I was pulling the washer away from the wall to get more working room to get to the control board I noticed black power like stuff on the floor. 

I also noticed a nut on the floor.

So I tilted the washer up and saw that the belt had become lodged between the pulley and the plastic cover.  The nut had come off the pulley and the pulley had slid down binding the belt.

I put the nut back on, put the belt and cover back on, and all works.

I'm left wondering why the nut came off.

• Like 2

• Team Samurai

So I tilted the washer up and saw that the belt had become lodged between the pulley and the plastic cover.  The nut had come off the pulley and the pulley had slid down binding the belt.

I put the nut back on, put the belt and cover back on, and all works.

I'm left wondering why the nut came off.

Brother Nick suggested this very thing in another topic on a Whirlpool VM washer ==> http://appliantology.org/topic/40294-maytag-m-mvwc200xw1/#entry244252

• Like 1

• 3 years later...

I have this same exact problem of how the Maytag (MVWC200XW2) Centennial is acting right now. Before that it had a grinding noise coming from around the pulley and belt during high spin. I checked the nut and tighten it. It wasn't really loose and i could only tighten it half a turn. Anyway, I tried it and it done great! But now its doing it again and I can't even get it in the diagnostic mode, auto or manual. the sensing and lid lock lights blinking on and off. I'm going to put the locktite on the ulley bolt and nut threads. Any thoughts?