Use this Search Box to Find Appliance Repair Help Now
Need help finding your model number?
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Welcome to Appliantology.org, the Web's Premiere Appliance Repair Resource for DIYers!

The world-famous Samurai Appliance Repair Forums

You can post a question and get repair help for FREE! Click here to get started.

Already a member of the Appliantology Academy? Just sign in with your username and password in the upper right-hand corner of the screen.

Photo

Kenmore washer 110 47532601 water in fabric softener dispenser at end of cycle

Kenmore washer

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 TonyLima

TonyLima

Samanera

• Chief Appliantologist
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 19 December 2012 - 05:57 PM

In the last few weeks I've noticed a lot of water in the fabric softener dispenser at the end of a wash cycle.  I mean a lot -- above the "max fill" line.  This washer model is front-loading and has a single drawer for detergent, bleach, and softener.  Only the softener slot contains water.  I have no idea what's causing this or, for that matter, even whether it's a problem.  Thanks for any advice/help.

Tony Lima

:wacko:

Use the Appliantology Parts Search Box to Find What You Need!
Enter your model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

#2 jumptrout

jumptrout

Sensei

• Appliantology Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,379 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Coors Light

Posted 19 December 2012 - 06:26 PM

Seems your tubing is restricted. Run a small flexible wire down the FS hole to clear the blockage.

#3 TonyLima

TonyLima

Samanera

• Chief Appliantologist
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 19 December 2012 - 06:56 PM

Thanks.  Already ran brushes through various slots and crevices in the drawer.  Let me see what I can do about the tubing behind that.  Stay tuned.

#4 sh2sh2

sh2sh2

Senpai

• Sublime Master of Appliantology
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 620 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:yeunling

Posted 19 December 2012 - 07:33 PM

also make sure your getting good water flow, if the inlet valve screens are clogged it can cause dispensing issues

#5 nickfixit

nickfixit

Sensei

• Appliantology Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,159 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Glen Livit

Posted 19 December 2012 - 07:53 PM

Pull out the drawer and peek into the inner housing.Is there a bunch of yucky looking grunge inside? If so, get yourself a toilet brush, some hot water and your favorite spray cleaner(helps if it has bleach) and scrub that puppy out.

" Giving numerical data to Sears management is like giving a monkey a machine gun. No one knows for certain what will happen, but you can be sure of two things... It will be real messy, and only the monkey will be unharmed"

#6 Scottthewolf

Scottthewolf

Senpai

• Appliantology Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,810 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Dunkin Donuts Coffee

Posted 20 December 2012 - 12:00 AM

Liquid fabric softner is nasty stuff.  It's mostly wax and it clogs dispensers and causes mold issues. I prefer the fabric sofner sheets for the dryer, but there is also a debate over those that they clog the lint screens.

Scott Wolf

#7 nickfixit

nickfixit

Sensei

• Appliantology Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,159 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Glen Livit

Posted 20 December 2012 - 07:09 AM

Ever try this one...

Set the unit to a hot wash cycle, then manually hold the dispenser in the softener position. A combination of scrubbing from the outside, and hot flush from the inside can clean it out real nice. You can drain the machine and do it several times. Even run water at a sink to get the water good and hot first.

" Giving numerical data to Sears management is like giving a monkey a machine gun. No one knows for certain what will happen, but you can be sure of two things... It will be real messy, and only the monkey will be unharmed"

#8 TonyLima

TonyLima

Samanera

• Chief Appliantologist
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 21 December 2012 - 02:04 PM

Thanks for all the great suggestions.  The problem is now fixed!  I couldn't have done it without you!

Tony Lima

:wink:

#9 jumptrout

jumptrout

Sensei

• Appliantology Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,379 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Coors Light

Posted 21 December 2012 - 02:06 PM

Thanks for all the great suggestions.  The problem is now fixed!  I couldn't have done it without you!

Tony Lima

:wink:

Please tell us what the solution was.

#10 Samurai Appliance Repair Man

Samurai Appliance Repair Man

Shōgun

• Master Samurai Tech
  • 29,046 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Sapporo Original Draft Rice Lager

Posted 21 December 2012 - 04:30 PM

Please tell us what the solution was.

Inquiring minds want to know!  raredpqq.jpg

#11 kdog

kdog

RoughShod

• Appliantology Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,465 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Dickens Cider

Posted 21 December 2012 - 06:14 PM

Help us keep the lights on: buy appliance parts here ==> http://repairclinic.com

For service manuals and lots of other goodies, become an Apprentice ==> Apprenticeship

#12 TonyLima

TonyLima

Samanera

• Chief Appliantologist
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 21 December 2012 - 07:09 PM

Sorry.  I use so many different online forums it's difficult to keep track of the various options.  I used a set of small brushes to ream the various holes and slots in the drawer,  I used a bigger brush to clean out the port that holds the drawer.  One little gotcha: there's a hole near the front of the port just behind a block of plastic.  Run a brush down there, too.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Use the Appliantology Parts Finder to Get What You Need!
Enter a model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.

Your Sometimes-Lucid Host:
Samurai Appliance Repair Man
"If I can't help you fix your appliance and make you 100% satisfied, I will come to your home and slice open my belly,
spilling my steaming entrails onto your floor."

The Appliance Guru | AppliancePartsResource.com | Samurai's Blog

Real Time Analytics