Use this Search Box to Find Appliance Repair Help Now
Need help finding your model number?
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Welcome to Appliantology.org, the Web's Premiere Appliance Repair Resource for DIYers!

The world-famous Samurai Appliance Repair Forums

You can post a question and get repair help for FREE! Click here to get started.

Already a member of the Appliantology Academy? Just sign in with your username and password in the upper right-hand corner of the screen.

Photo

GE Top Load Washer WHRE5260E1WW , Hot Side Water Valve

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 AlexM

AlexM

Kohai

• Chief Appliantologist
  • PipPipPip
  • 376 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Root Beer

Posted 20 December 2012 - 12:02 AM

Complaint came in that the washer works great in all ways except that the hot water doesn't fill.  I order a new valve without every seeing with my own eyes.  I installed the valve and still not hot water.  If you start the load on Cold/Cold it will start to fill then if you switch to Cold/Hot all water stops filling then a humming noise at the valve.  I figure it needs a new main control board part# WW12X10323  ?

Use the Appliantology Parts Search Box to Find What You Need!
Enter your model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

#2 AlexM

AlexM

Kohai

• Chief Appliantologist
  • PipPipPip
  • 376 posts

Posted 20 December 2012 - 12:07 AM

I typed in the wrong part number for the main board, what i meant was WH12X10323

#3 kdog

kdog

RoughShod

• Appliantology Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,465 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Dickens Cider

Posted 20 December 2012 - 12:15 AM

Didja type in the wrong model number too ?  that one doesn't come up.

Is there any Hot Water pressure available to the machine ?

Help us keep the lights on: buy appliance parts here ==> http://repairclinic.com

For service manuals and lots of other goodies, become an Apprentice ==> Apprenticeship

#4 AlexM

AlexM

Kohai

• Chief Appliantologist
  • PipPipPip
  • 376 posts

Posted 20 December 2012 - 12:21 AM

My bad, Model# WHRE5260E1WW.  Good question about the hot wat supply.  I turned both hot and cold valves off at wall to change the valve, but did't pay attention to actual flow from the hot.

#5 kdog

kdog

RoughShod

• Appliantology Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,465 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Dickens Cider

Posted 20 December 2012 - 12:25 AM

Corrected topic title - hook wire from cold valve to hot solenoid and see if it fills, if not - correct plumbing as necessary

Help us keep the lights on: buy appliance parts here ==> http://repairclinic.com

For service manuals and lots of other goodies, become an Apprentice ==> Apprenticeship

#6 AlexM

AlexM

Kohai

• Chief Appliantologist
  • PipPipPip
  • 376 posts

Posted 20 December 2012 - 12:38 AM

Very Smart Idea.

Thanks!

#7 nickfixit

nickfixit

Sensei

• Appliantology Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,162 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Glen Livit

Posted 21 December 2012 - 06:19 AM

Beware of the "flood-safe" hoses, we see lots of them that don't allow any water into the washer.

" Giving numerical data to Sears management is like giving a monkey a machine gun. No one knows for certain what will happen, but you can be sure of two things... It will be real messy, and only the monkey will be unharmed"

#8 AlexM

AlexM

Kohai

• Chief Appliantologist
  • PipPipPip
  • 376 posts

Posted 22 December 2012 - 12:17 AM

Funny you should mention the 'flood-safe' hoses.  I swapped out the hot one with a regular stainless hose and now all is good, except two trips and a new valve that i didn't need to purchase.  Man, learning hurts sometimes.

Recent blog entries on this topic

Photo

Advice on Using Flood-Safe Hoses with a Washing Machine

By Samurai Appliance Repair Man in Samurai Appliance Repair Man's Blog, on 23 December 2012 - 07:10 AM

One word: Don't.Source: GE Top Load Washer WHRE5260E1WW , Hot Side Water Valve

Read Full Entry →

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Use the Appliantology Parts Finder to Get What You Need!
Enter a model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.

Your Sometimes-Lucid Host:
Samurai Appliance Repair Man
"If I can't help you fix your appliance and make you 100% satisfied, I will come to your home and slice open my belly,
spilling my steaming entrails onto your floor."

The Appliance Guru | AppliancePartsResource.com | Samurai's Blog

Real Time Analytics