Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now or use the parts search box:

Parts Search

Dumbstruck by the new computer-controlled appliances? Let the Samurai enlighten you…

Click here to check out our structured, online appliance repair training courses for rookies and experienced techs.

FAQs | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Podcast | Contact

Stay connected with us...

Samurai on Facebook - become a fan today! Sign up for our free newsletter and keep up with all things Appliantology. Subscribe to our YouTube channel for lots of appliance repair tips and help! Follow the Samurai on Twitter and get timely morsels of Appliantological Wisdom! Subscribe to our MST Radio podcast to learn secrets of the trade.
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
AlexM

GE Top Load Washer WHRE5260E1WW , Hot Side Water Valve

8 posts in this topic

Complaint came in that the washer works great in all ways except that the hot water doesn't fill.  I order a new valve without every seeing with my own eyes.  I installed the valve and still not hot water.  If you start the load on Cold/Cold it will start to fill then if you switch to Cold/Hot all water stops filling then a humming noise at the valve.  I figure it needs a new main control board part# WW12X10323  ?

Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now!

I typed in the wrong part number for the main board, what i meant was WH12X10323

Didja type in the wrong model number too ?  that one doesn't come up.

Is there any Hot Water pressure available to the machine ?

My bad, Model# WHRE5260E1WW.  Good question about the hot wat supply.  I turned both hot and cold valves off at wall to change the valve, but did't pay attention to actual flow from the hot.

Corrected topic title - hook wire from cold valve to hot solenoid and see if it fills, if not - correct plumbing as necessary

Very Smart Idea.

Thanks!

Beware of the "flood-safe" hoses, we see lots of them that don't allow any water into the washer.

Funny you should mention the 'flood-safe' hoses.  I swapped out the hot one with a regular stainless hose and now all is good, except two trips and a new valve that i didn't need to purchase.  Man, learning hurts sometimes.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0