Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now or use the parts search box:

Parts Search

Lost with the new appliances? The Samurai teaches you Circuit Fu…

Click here to check out our structured, online appliance repair training courses for rookies and experienced techs.

FAQs | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Podcast | Contact

Stay connected with us...

Samurai on Facebook - become a fan today! Sign up for our free newsletter and keep up with all things Appliantology. Subscribe to our YouTube channel for lots of appliance repair tips and help! Follow the Samurai on Twitter and get timely morsels of Appliantological Wisdom! Subscribe to our MST Radio podcast to learn secrets of the trade.
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
jdoug

Whirlpool Ref. model #GX5SHDXVQ02

11 posts in this topic

Bought new in 2011.   Water freezing inside the

bottom of the freezer compartment.

jdoug

Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now!

clogged Defrost drain Tubing ?

Clogged or frozen drain tube as Sensei Reg suggests with a minor possibility of a leaking icemaker or frozen icemaker fill cup/tube.

Edited by DurhamAppliance

Well I was paying attention....just the other day I was throwing around a new term I learned from your blog.

a customer called in and said his freezer was too warm. Never got his name but he sounded a lot like sheriff JW Pepper.

Exhibiting my superior knowledge gained from your blog, I replied "the Samurai told me to ask if you had any rime ice?"

He began laughing. I mean laughing so hard I imagined the good ol boy was slapping his knee. He then said, "yeah son, I know what you mean, they're everywhere aint they?"

"Huh?"

Then all of a sudden he became real serious... "you go tell this Japanese Samurai fella he's in 'Merica now and he needs to learn to speak proper 'merican."

All I could manage was another "huh?"

Then sarcastically he spat..."and tell him I aint got no 'rime' ice' but I got a freezer full of melted LEMON ice and he's welcome to it. "

Edited by DurhamAppliance

You tell that good ol' boy that The Redneck Samurai is comin' for his ace...

Bought new in 2011.   Water freezing inside the

bottom of the freezer compartment.

jdoug

Thank you for your responses. I will check the drain tube.

jdoug

How do you get the drain tube and the fill cup/tube so you can check to see if it is frozen?

jdoug

Thanks to all for your input. The video did the trick.

Got it fixed.

jdoug

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0