Learn appliance repair at the Samurai Tech Academy.  Learn more.  Earn more.

Use this Search Box to Find Appliance Repair Help Now
Need help finding your model number?
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Welcome to Appliantology.org, the Web's Premiere Appliance Repair Resource!

The world-famous Samurai Appliance Repair Forums

You can post a question and get repair help for FREE! Click here to get started.

Already a member of the Appliantology Academy? Just sign in with your username and password in the upper right-hand corner of the screen.

Photo

Van Inventory

• Please log in to reply
22 replies to this topic

#21 curjones

curjones

Senpai

• Professional Appliantologist
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 513 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:diet coke

Posted 21 October 2013 - 02:02 AM

Attached File  lens5249282_1244731498BI_Triangle.jpg   23.67KB   0 downloadsI want to share one more diagram, that helps me focus, The business triangle,  you and I want to develope a system, all good business has defined systems, or how to do this, then that, the reorder it so we can do it again without interuption of time or process.  At the top is the least important part of business, product or service idea.  I want to be a appliance repair service man, great idea!! but can you put it all together below, inside the triangle keeping the two sides and bottom in place.  Lose sight of your mission or purpose and it all falls down and out.  Whos your team You, you alone, do you have family or friends helping you.  Are you a leader, have you got leadership skills, are you self directed, what are your strenghts and weakness.  If it to be it's up to me, and if you get discouraged or fall apart so does the side walls.  Business failure.  Cash flow, got to have a way to make the money and track it daily. Communications is with the team and with the customers.  Marketing the business, and you. Presentation sales, presuade and promote.  Plan and devise systems, inventory, tech sheets, plan the day, plan time to study, train and learn.  We have to seek and find better faster less drag systems.  Spend too much cash on smart phones and systems, widgets, gidgets and gadgets and dont fix a single washer, cash is gone and your broke, business failed.

I'm still learning myself,  I have failed a few times, because I majored on the minor parts when I should have focused on getting and keeping customers and keeping it simple at first.  Cardboard boxes and a sharpe work well, and are cheaper than a smart phone.  Down the roard, I dream big too and hope I have the problem of keeping up with a large inventory.  We need to develop a small system that works and can be expanded with ease when we get bigger and beter.  The system you use now will set the attitude and discipline  you will need in success later.  Poor habits now will carry on unless you change it when you're small.

Use the Appliantology Parts Search Box to Find What You Need!
Enter your model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

#22 Ahh-Cool

Ahh-Cool

Yamabushi

• Chief Appliantologist
  • PipPip
  • 73 posts

Posted 21 October 2013 - 07:26 AM

I was hoping to be able to scan the barcode, of my part and that would go into my system and track the used parts, my cheap smart phone does not have an auto focus lense, so that was out for me. I saw several programs where you could do this. Getting organized, not a natural skill, staying organized priceless, and relives most of the stress associated with the small stuff you cant find when you need it. There is a wheel called the success insight wheel, that breaks down strenghts and weakness, I am a weak coordinator, when I get to Implementing, troubleshooting, and fixing, on tasks of repair. A person who is a one man show, must do every job on the wheel, include analize, organize and control inventory. I have for years pushed my self and tried to discipline myself to put it back in its place. Working in a factory for years I knew where my tools went in my box, I just had to figure out where I had left it, or dropped it. At home I had no place or idea, where it was, and if I left it on the table it was put up some place my wife had no idea where she put it.

I love boxes and lables, but some how the box gets moved, someone takes it out and doesnt put it back. I also find myself over analizing, and spending time trying to be organized when I should just be fixing or promoting my business, runing ads and handing out cards to get more business.

we sound a lot alike.

like most of the self help groups say.

until you admit that you have a problem you can't fix it

#23 curjones

curjones

Senpai

• Professional Appliantologist
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 513 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:diet coke

Posted 21 October 2013 - 11:07 PM

I went on a search last night for apps for droid, to do inventory, downloaded and played, or tried to follow the instruction.  Stayed up until 7 am.  After a nap, was grumpy, I said keeep it simple stupid (to my self)  The sytem you have still starts with a part, in a box, bin or on a shelf, be that in the van,warehouse, shop warrehouse, or your bathroom if that is where you want to keep it.  I have used SAP programs and a program for CMMS (computerized maintenance management systems) one I believe called MP2 or 3.  It worked great, if everyone did what they were suppose to do,. If one person failed to write out the part on a sheet, then it failed.  The companies I worked for lost 1,000 of dollars.  They never would buy a barcode system or hire a parts attendant to CONTROL the store room.  Now back to my boxes for now.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Use the Appliantology Parts Finder to Get What You Need!
Enter a model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.

Your Sometimes-Lucid Host:
Samurai Appliance Repair Man
"If I can't help you fix your appliance and make you 100% satisfied, I will come to your home and slice open my belly,
spilling my steaming entrails onto your floor."

The Appliance Guru | Master Samurai Tech

Real Time Analytics