Use this Search Box to Find Appliance Repair Help Now
Need help finding your model number?
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Welcome to Appliantology.org, the Web's Premiere Appliance Repair Resource for DIYers!

The world-famous Samurai Appliance Repair Forums

You can post a question and get repair help for FREE! Click here to get started.

Already a member of the Appliantology Academy? Just sign in with your username and password in the upper right-hand corner of the screen.

Photo

GE Adora WHDVH626FWW only runs in Rinse and Spin

GE Adora WHDVH626FWW rinse and spin no water wont run

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 8thborn

8thborn

Unsui

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:IPA

Posted 23 December 2012 - 03:41 PM

First, I really need a service manual for the GE Adora Frotn loader.  She's been working fine (other than I am on my third door seal), but yesterday it went all crazy.  When you start a cycle (pick one, except for rinse and spin which seems to work) it does the usual door lock, pump any remaining water, then when it starts to fill you get about 3 seconds of water before it stops and just sits there like a crack head on the street corner who's done one too many.  It may take the privilage of strting the pump which will not shut off until you remove the electron supply from the wall (good thing it's not wireless).

So, I here rumors about this place of trouble codes and service manuals.  I have reluctlanty stole ten dollars from my oldest to give to the appliance gods for some hope of a substantial return on the investment.  His girlfriend should appreciate the investment since he'll show up in clean clothes.

Use the Appliantology Parts Search Box to Find What You Need!
Enter your model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

#2 RegUS_PatOff

RegUS_PatOff

Sensei

• Academy Instructor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 33,588 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Chief NTSC Black & White

Posted 23 December 2012 - 04:27 PM

check the Error Codes & Service Test Modes

listed near the end of the manual

http://appliantology...nt-load-washer/

one of my video productions: “Easter Seals: Walk With Me”

every day is Down Syndrome Awareness Day
"A Child Is Waiting" . Burt Lancaster . Judy Garland . 1962

RegUS_PatOff > www.youtube.com/watch?v=oPAY2LsKVEw

#3 8thborn

8thborn

Unsui

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:IPA

Posted 24 December 2012 - 11:38 AM

Well, it seems to be stuck in the rinse and spin cycle.  I can run the cycle, it clears out the display, I unplug for 30 seconds, I plug back in and as sson as I hit the signal button to enter the test mode it goes into the rinse and spin cycle so when I hit the delay button it sets a delay time.  The only way i have found to clear the cycle is to run it (pressing the on/off button does not work), but rinse and spin is the only cycle that will run.

You know I just replaced the controller on my Jennair a few days ago, there may be something to this Mayan calender thing.

#4 Samurai Appliance Repair Man

Samurai Appliance Repair Man

Shōgun

• Master Samurai Tech
  • 29,026 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Sapporo Original Draft Rice Lager

Posted 24 December 2012 - 02:12 PM

then when it starts to fill you get about 3 seconds of water before it stops and just sits there 

Water inlet valve may be failing under load.  Check for voltage to valve when it stops filling.  If you're still getting voltage but no fill, the replace the fill valve.  

Using the manual that Reg sent you, put the machine into service mode and see if it will fill properly then. 

Also, be sure to check the air pressure hose for pin holes or chaffing.  An impaired hose will make this machine do all kinds of weird things ==> http://www.repaircli...mber=WHDVH626FW

Tube-WH41X10129-01324915.jpg

Watch this video for more on that:

#5 Samurai Appliance Repair Man

Shōgun

• Master Samurai Tech
  • 29,026 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Sapporo Original Draft Rice Lager

Posted 30 December 2012 - 02:01 AM

So... what happened on this one?

#6 nickfixit

nickfixit

Sensei

• Appliantology Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,158 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Glen Livit

Posted 30 December 2012 - 10:42 AM

Could the user interface have a stuck button...rinse and spin?

" Giving numerical data to Sears management is like giving a monkey a machine gun. No one knows for certain what will happen, but you can be sure of two things... It will be real messy, and only the monkey will be unharmed"

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: GE, Adora, WHDVH626FWW, rinse and spin, no water, wont run

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Use the Appliantology Parts Finder to Get What You Need!
Enter a model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.

Your Sometimes-Lucid Host:
"If I can't help you fix your appliance and make you 100% satisfied, I will come to your home and slice open my belly,
spilling my steaming entrails onto your floor."

The Appliance Guru | AppliancePartsResource.com | Samurai's Blog

Real Time Analytics