Use this Search Box to Find Appliance Repair Help Now
Need help finding your model number?
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Welcome to Appliantology.org, the Web's Premiere Appliance Repair Resource for DIYers!

The world-famous Samurai Appliance Repair Forums

You can post a question and get repair help for FREE! Click here to get started.

Already a member of the Appliantology Academy? Just sign in with your username and password in the upper right-hand corner of the screen.

Photo

GE Front Load Washer WBVH5100HWW Fabric Softener Flush

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 LWB250

LWB250

Samanera

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 12 posts

Posted 25 December 2012 - 08:24 PM

We noticed recently the the fabric softener tray did not empty during a load.  I checked the obvious things, like a clogged siphon tube in the dispenser tray (no).

I ran the diagnostics and watched carefully.  I found that the valves for this flush operation were working, but there was no water coming out of the holes in the top of the dispenser body above the fabric softener tray.

Using compressed air and a piece of rubber hose on my air nozzle I blew out the holes as best I could.  Doing this repeatedly yielded some flow, but more like fast drips from a few of the holes at best, certainly not a spray like you would see for the detergent or bleach dispenser.

I was going to remove the dispenser body to see if there was a better way to get to this area, but close inspection showed that there did not appear to be.

At this point there is a small amount of water flowing into the fabric softener dispenser tray, but I have yet to run a load to see if there will be enough to completely clear it.

Does anyone have any suggestions as to how I can better clean this out, or is this behavior intentional?

Thanks in advance,

Dan

Use the Appliantology Parts Search Box to Find What You Need!
Enter your model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

#2 RegUS_PatOff

RegUS_PatOff

Sensei

• Academy Instructor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 33,588 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Chief NTSC Black & White

Posted 25 December 2012 - 10:38 PM

... the valves for this flush operation were working, but there was no water coming out

? ? explain ? ?

one of my video productions: “Easter Seals: Walk With Me”

every day is Down Syndrome Awareness Day
"A Child Is Waiting" . Burt Lancaster . Judy Garland . 1962

RegUS_PatOff > www.youtube.com/watch?v=oPAY2LsKVEw

#3 LWB250

LWB250

Samanera

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 12 posts

Posted 26 December 2012 - 08:09 AM

Pardon my cryptic description.

The valves for each flush cycle of the dispenser tray are working.  There are several paths for the water to flow when it is in the fabric softener mode, as water can flow out the bleach tray port or a large port in the rear of the dispenser body at the top.  I tried blocking these with my fingers to increase the pressure and volume of water going through the fabric softener ports, but couldn't completely seal them off, so water flow didn't increase significantly.

The part number for the "Main box diverter assembly" is WH41X10141 if you want to take a look at it. 

Hope that helps.

I can take pictures of the dispenser body and insides, of necessary.

Thanks,

Dan

Edited by LWB250, 26 December 2012 - 10:50 AM.

#4 RegUS_PatOff

RegUS_PatOff

Sensei

• Academy Instructor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 33,588 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Chief NTSC Black & White

Posted 26 December 2012 - 10:54 AM

there's (3) sections to the Water Valve...

Are they all working ?

http://www.repaircli...R=154&N=1475762

one of my video productions: “Easter Seals: Walk With Me”

every day is Down Syndrome Awareness Day
"A Child Is Waiting" . Burt Lancaster . Judy Garland . 1962

RegUS_PatOff > www.youtube.com/watch?v=oPAY2LsKVEw

#5 LWB250

LWB250

Samanera

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 12 posts

Posted 26 December 2012 - 12:13 PM

I have water flow from both valves that are supposed to be energized during this mode, CV1 and HV1, I believe.  This as due by loosening the lines coming from each valve during the fabric softener mode and getting plenty of water from both.

#6 LWB250

LWB250

Samanera

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 12 posts

Posted 31 December 2012 - 06:52 PM

I don't understand how this thread can be flagged as answered.  None of the responses has addressed the issue.

And yes, as i previously responded, I have water coming from both valves that should be energized during the softener cycle.

Edited by LWB250, 31 December 2012 - 06:54 PM.

#7 kdog

kdog

RoughShod

• Appliantology Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,465 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Dickens Cider

Posted 31 December 2012 - 07:57 PM

I don't understand how this thread can be flagged as answered.

Re-opened this can of Whupass

Attached Files

Help us keep the lights on: buy appliance parts here ==> http://repairclinic.com

For service manuals and lots of other goodies, become an Apprentice ==> Apprenticeship

#8 Samurai Appliance Repair Man

Samurai Appliance Repair Man

Shōgun

• Fermented Grand Master
  • 28,832 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Sapporo Original Draft Rice Lager

Posted 01 January 2013 - 10:39 AM

If the valves are passing water, then you're dealing with a dried fabric softener plugs feed tube.  If you can't clear the plug with really hot water, then you'll need to remove the dispenser box to manually clear the tube.  This video shows a different repair but is in the same neighborhood as the dispenser box and will give you some insight for removing it.  

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Use the Appliantology Parts Finder to Get What You Need!
Enter a model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.

Your Sometimes-Lucid Host:
Samurai Appliance Repair Man
"If I can't help you fix your appliance and make you 100% satisfied, I will come to your home and slice open my belly,
spilling my steaming entrails onto your floor."

The Appliance Guru | AppliancePartsResource.com | Samurai's Blog

Real Time Analytics