Click here to check out this guide

FAQs | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Contact

• Upcoming Events

• 30 March 2024 02:00 PM Until 03:00 PM
      All Appliantology tech members are invited to join in this workshop on all things Appliantological: bidness, customers, tools, troubleshooting, flavorite brewski, whatever. Webcams and microphones are open and live!
      This workshop is also a great time for any students at Master Samurai Tech to bring any and all questions about the coursework. We're happy to walk through any concepts you're having trouble with. Think of it like office hours with your teachers. 
      If you have a specific appliance problem you'd like us to talk about, post it here! We need a problem statement and a PDF of the tech sheet or schematic so we can all see it on screen share. If you have a PDF that isn't already in the File library here at Appliantology, send it to us by attaching it to the contact form. 
      Also, follow this Calendar Event so you'll get notified of new posts here. Look for the "Follow" button either at the top of the topic on desktop or below the topic on mobile.
      Who: This workshop is only available to tech members at Appliantology.
      When: Saturday, March 30 @10:00 AM Eastern Time.
      Where: Online via Zoom
      How:
      Click here to go to the forum topic with the registration link. If you're interested, register now. Arrive a couple minutes early to make sure your connection is working. Set a reminder for yourself for this workshop so you don’t miss it.  And check out past workshops here: https://appliantology.org/announcement/33-webinar-recordings-index-page/

Posting pictures & Videos

Patricio

I have tried to post pictures to my posts.  Won't download, file to big.  Down loaded photo bucket from advice of another post.  Can't figgure how to transfer from Bucket to forum post.   Also have a question how would I post a video from my camera?

Thanks & help. :thanks:

• Team Samurai

Here's a video on how to post photos using your smartphone and the Photobucket app:

http://youtu.be/xmGVEZlHfdQ

to post videos, upload them to Youtube and then click the "share" link.  Copy the URL (the short one is fine) like this one:

and just paste it into your reply where you want it.  The software will convert it into a video that's playable in the topic.  For example, when the link above is copied and pasted into a topic, it will render this video after the reply is posted:

http://youtu.be/baeiVOKgWMo

• Like 3

Yea I checked that video out already.   trouble is I don't have a smart phone soes I kant do es it thataway.   I have a brand new really cool Nikon camera that my wife gave me for my birthday last month (she forked out some bread for it)   Got any advice how to upload another way. 

Well try it the basic way. Upload pic to computer then from computer to photobucket. Then in photobucket click on the uploaded image, click on "share " then click on "get Links" then "img " (which should copy img link to clip board or you can highlight link and copy it) then paste the link here. If you cannot do this then the following may be instructive .......

Edited by DurhamAppliance
  • Like 2

• 11 months later...

OK, I'm a little lost.

How do you upload pictures, small ones less than 200k, to your post?  Is there a size limit?

Not from smartphone, but from laptop or desktop hard drive.

Preferably not from photobucket, although I just created an account.

Tried to use DA's approach from above, but did not seem to apply now on photobucket.

Help is greatly appreciated.

I gotta go grill the chicken for my honey, I'll check back in a while. Love the desert in December.

Edited by beam current

Found one of the boss' videos (for the smart phone / photo bucket) and fingered it out.

Not bad, quite easy actually.

• 3 months later...

I have the problem with the pictures being too big. Took picture on my Tab, samsung, and tried to post. Do I need to change the camara settings before I take a picture so that it is the right size. See that beam found a vid. will watch the ones on post here see if I get answer.

Assuming that means resolution, what will get me under the limit  seeing 3.2 2048x1536 at top  2M or 1.3 ??? Am I even in the right woods???

Oh, I've been trying to figure it out, had to google some other things, just went to a online calculator, getting closer, still have to think about, gig, kb,mb and BS.. lol and get it in my head, jpeg, stay up all night using contraptions, and then when I get to work on appliances I miss how wires are suppose to be routed.. Thanks for your assistance, I forget at times what I was looking for, and have to get back around to it.  We do learn better when we have to figure at least some of it own our own, with a nice push, or point in a direction..

A calculator??I think if I looked at that, my head would explode.

Man, it ain't that complicated. From the link provided above...

"640x480 - This is the low end on most "real" cameras. This resolution is ideal for e-mailing pictures or posting pictures on a Web site"

On a phone you can even    go lower.... say 320 x 240            

A caculator?  I just gotta take a look at that..... oh my... you gotta be kidding..... Exploding%20Smiley_zpsjqphqngg.gif

I set my camara to a 1.3 settin and still shot over the 500. limit I just wanted to know how to get under the limit. The more I read the more complicated it got, but if I put the pixel in the calculator it showed me how much data is used, that is what I needed to know. There are people out here that have no Idea how a smart phone works, I just bought my first one a year ago, the rest are afraid to buy one they cant figure it out, I have not been with the program of technology for several years, some pick it fast and natural, I AIN"T one of them type, I am a slow learner, not the dumbest rock in the box but i aint the sharpest either..

It's nothing to learn..... most websites say use 320 or 640 to post.... youtube tells you their limit for videos as well.... these are common conventions. My dad doesn't know how a smart phone works. He's 85 with an iphone... he wanted to send pictures to his girlfriend and my sister told him to set it to 640...he did... viola . No understanding of smartphone needed.

An important key is also knowing what you don't need to know. Now if you are doing it to increase your understanding, then great. But if you are trying to resolve a simple problem, all you needed to know is what setting is used for websites.... the link I provided tells you. Pixel calculation, screen size and formulas become more unnecessary crap to heap on all the other stuff you must learn for appliance repair.

• Like 2