Use this Search Box to Find Appliance Repair Help Now
Need help finding your model number?
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Welcome to Appliantology.org, the Web's Premiere Appliance Repair Resource for DIYers!

The world-famous Samurai Appliance Repair Forums

You can post a question and get repair help for FREE! Click here to get started.

Already a member of the Appliantology Academy? Just sign in with your username and password in the upper right-hand corner of the screen.

Photo

Finished with KitchenAid

• Please log in to reply
69 replies to this topic

#61 Scottthewolf

Scottthewolf

Senpai

• Appliantology Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,796 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Dunkin Donuts Coffee

Posted 02 February 2013 - 11:33 AM

Good answer Durham!

Scott Wolf

Use the Appliantology Parts Search Box to Find What You Need!
Enter your model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

#62 kdog

kdog

RoughShod

• Appliantology Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,465 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Dickens Cider

Posted 12 February 2013 - 01:04 AM

It is simply an opinion. It serves no good or useful purpose to say to whom it was addressed. if, in fact, it was addressed to any one or more particular person or persons.

You been studying Law in your spare time ?

Help us keep the lights on: buy appliance parts here ==> http://repairclinic.com

For service manuals and lots of other goodies, become an Apprentice ==> Apprenticeship

#63 suampman

suampman

Kohai

• Chief Appliantologist
  • PipPipPip
  • 288 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:redbridge

Posted 12 February 2013 - 09:06 AM

Getting back to the board and timer failures. Just build better electronic boards and timers. Working on cnc machines for years the boards rarely failed in some pretty nasty environments.

#64 Strathy

Strathy

Senpai

• Sublime Master of Appliantology
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 694 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Coffee

Posted 12 February 2013 - 09:59 AM

What's a 'cnc machine'?

Neighbour's Appliance Service
Servicing Southern Manitoba, Canada

#65 RegUS_PatOff

RegUS_PatOff

Sensei

• Academy Instructor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 33,588 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Chief NTSC Black & White

Posted 12 February 2013 - 10:27 AM

What's a 'cnc machine'?

Computer Numerical Control
such as an industrial milling machine

th?id=H.5048039114146214&pid=15.1

one of my video productions: “Easter Seals: Walk With Me”

every day is Down Syndrome Awareness Day
"A Child Is Waiting" . Burt Lancaster . Judy Garland . 1962

RegUS_PatOff > www.youtube.com/watch?v=oPAY2LsKVEw

#66 suampman

suampman

Kohai

• Chief Appliantologist
  • PipPipPip
  • 288 posts

Posted 14 February 2013 - 10:47 PM

Sorry Strathy, I did not see your question, but Reg answered it. A (CNC) Computerized numerically controlled machine is any machine that has a computer which is programmed to do various tasks, cutting, drilling, any kind of machining or woodworking usually on an industrial scale. They are programmed to cut in xyz axes.

I am fairly new to appliance repair. (2years this month)(had to get out of the factory before I lost my soul) but always repaired my own and friends appliances. I forget when I use acronyms from my old profession that I should be more clear. I see acronyms on here (this website) pertaining to appliances and do not know what they stand for, but figure if I read enough posts I'll figure it out.  

Anyway this website keeps me learning with a plethora of info.. I don't know how all of you find the time to read through all this stuff though.

#67 Strathy

Strathy

Senpai

• Sublime Master of Appliantology
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 694 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Coffee

Posted 14 February 2013 - 10:52 PM

lol - cool.  Welcome to the fraternity brotha.  Don't be afraid to ask what the acronyms mean when we use them here!  I still see ones I don't exactly know what they mean and I've been at this for 22 yrs.  lol.   

Neighbour's Appliance Service
Servicing Southern Manitoba, Canada

#68 suampman

suampman

Kohai

• Chief Appliantologist
  • PipPipPip
  • 288 posts

Posted 14 February 2013 - 11:17 PM

Thanks for the welcome. Sometimes all the different machines are overwhelming. I just take them one at a time.

#69 Scottthewolf

Scottthewolf

Senpai

• Appliantology Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,796 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Dunkin Donuts Coffee

Posted 14 February 2013 - 11:51 PM

BTW, in welding, what does MIG and TIG mean?

Scott Wolf

#70 suampman

suampman

Kohai

• Chief Appliantologist
  • PipPipPip
  • 288 posts

Posted 15 February 2013 - 07:57 AM

GMAC. Gas metal arc welding. MIG. Metal inert gas. TIG. Tungsten inert gas. Gas used to sheild the arc from impurities.

What is BTW? Just kidding.

Recent blog entries on this topic

Photo

Appliance Service Call Customer Relations Advice for Professional Appliantologists

By Samurai Appliance Repair Man in Samurai Appliance Repair Man's Blog, on 03 February 2013 - 08:25 AM

Our eloquent and lyrical Brother in the Craft, DurhamAppliance , offers some sage pearls of wisdom for us Professional Appliantologists when dealing with a customer who has negative (and often strong) opinions about appliance brands:Source: Finished with KitchenAid

Read Full Entry →

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Use the Appliantology Parts Finder to Get What You Need!
Enter a model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.

Your Sometimes-Lucid Host:
Samurai Appliance Repair Man
"If I can't help you fix your appliance and make you 100% satisfied, I will come to your home and slice open my belly,
spilling my steaming entrails onto your floor."

The Appliance Guru | AppliancePartsResource.com | Samurai's Blog

Real Time Analytics