Learn appliance repair at the Samurai Tech Academy.  Learn more.  Earn more.

Parts Search
Site Search

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Welcome to Appliantology.org, the Web's Premiere Appliance Repair Resource!

The world-famous Samurai Appliance Repair Forums

To get started, click here.

Already a member of the Appliantology Academy? Just sign in with your username and password in the upper right-hand corner of the screen.

Photo

KitchenAid KUDE60FXPA3 clamp off from pump to sump

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 AHAR

AHAR

Ikkō-ikki

• Appliantologist
  • PipPip
  • 42 posts

Posted 26 December 2012 - 03:00 PM

I see that there is a problem with this. Kit is W10548435. From what I see there is a new clamp with some instructions. Does anyone know what is special about the kit? What is in the instructions? Is it just a simple hose clamp?

Thanks,

Tim

AHA LLC

Use the Appliantology Parts Search Box to Find What You Need!
Enter your model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

#2 Scottthewolf

Scottthewolf

Senpai

• Appliantology Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,875 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Dunkin Donuts Coffee

Posted 26 December 2012 - 07:12 PM

KitchenAid and Jenn-Air- STAINLESS STEEL UNDERCOUNTER DISHWASHER Outlet Hose Clamp Replacement Kit Serial Numbers: Serial Number Range: F20100000 to F21399999 Concern: Leak potential between wash motor and sump Cause: Outlet hose clamp to sump may not be properly crimped. This is the hose clamp on the sump side of the small hose (pressure side of wash motor).

Scott Wolf

#3 Chat_in_FL

Chat_in_FL

Havoc

• Appliantology Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,419 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:What's on tap?

Posted 27 December 2012 - 05:56 AM

Is it just a simple hose clamp?

Thanks,

Tim

I have replaced this clamp with just a "simple hose clamp" with no ill effects. I believe the instructions say that the connection was over-lubricated and to ensure you wipe clean the excess lubrication before replacing the clamp...

Edited by Chat_in_FL, 27 December 2012 - 06:00 AM.

We, the unwilling, led by the unknowing, are doing the impossible for the ungrateful. We have done so much, for so long, with so little, we are now qualified to do anything with nothing.

Mother Teresa

The views and opinions expressed in this post are those of the author and do not necessarily reflect or represent the views and opinions held by my employer. All data and information provided is for informational purposes only.

Big Brother

#4 AHAR

AHAR

Ikkō-ikki

• Appliantologist
  • PipPip
  • 42 posts

Posted 29 December 2012 - 01:47 AM

Well, I received the part. The only thing it said  was not to over tighten it. The problem I have found is that the hose has a split in it. AND you can't just order that.....

AHA LLC

#5 Samurai Appliance Repair Man

Samurai Appliance Repair Man

Shōgun

• Master Samurai Tech
  • 29,830 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Sapporo Original Draft Rice Lager

Posted 29 December 2012 - 05:24 PM

KitchenAid and Jenn-Air- STAINLESS STEEL UNDERCOUNTER DISHWASHER Outlet Hose Clamp Replacement Kit Serial Numbers: Serial Number Range: F20100000 to F21399999 Concern: Leak potential between wash motor and sump Cause: Outlet hose clamp to sump may not be properly crimped. This is the hose clamp on the sump side of the small hose (pressure side of wash motor).

Scott, do you have the service update number on this?  

#6 kdog

kdog

RoughShod

• Appliantology Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,465 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Dickens Cider

Posted 29 December 2012 - 07:12 PM

Those hoses have been slipping off the sump and flooding kitchens for several years - we found a supply of narrow mechanical clamps so we could snug them better - W/P rep said no just replace the sump ass'ys and if Honcho's thought it was widespread they would make a change. Now they come out with a clamp to affix ???

Alot of times the issue occurs because the circulation motor retainers get messed up during installation and such - then the weight of the running motor is tugging on the connection. The best fix would have been to add a knurl in the end of the sump housing where the hose is connected, this would give the connection some bite and seems you'd just need to modify the moulding machine for the plastic sump.  The motor/sump ass'y is failrly easy to change and luckily they don't hold much water to be recirced onto fancy wood floors.

I can think of several kitchen floors that were replaced via insurance claims - ran into a guy in the mall one day who remembered me as being one of the people at his house. Went on to tell me how his floor (in a bi-level house) had been replaced twice and is now super happy with the newest floor, this time with a new Bosch D/W in it's place.

Help us keep the lights on: buy appliance parts here ==> http://repairclinic.com

For service manuals and lots of other goodies, become an Apprentice ==> Apprenticeship

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Use the Appliantology Parts Finder to Get What You Need!
Enter a model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

Your Sometimes-Lucid Host:
Samurai Appliance Repair Man
"If I can't help you fix your appliance and make you 100% satisfied, I will come to your home and slice open my belly,
spilling my steaming entrails onto your floor."

The Appliance Guru | Master Samurai Tech

Real Time Analytics