Learn appliance repair at the Samurai Tech Academy.  Learn more.  Earn more.

Parts Search
Site Search

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Welcome to Appliantology.org, the Web's Premiere Appliance Repair Resource!

The world-famous Samurai Appliance Repair Forums

To get started, click here.

Already a member of the Appliantology Academy? Just sign in with your username and password in the upper right-hand corner of the screen.

Photo

frs26h7csb2 FRIGIDAIRE SxS Air Damper Closed

• Please log in to reply
28 replies to this topic

#21 RegUS_PatOff

RegUS_PatOff

Sensei

• Academy Instructor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 33,588 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Chief NTSC Black & White

Posted 30 December 2012 - 03:39 PM

> ... retarded

:unsure:  :ermm: :confused: :sad:

one of my video productions: “Easter Seals: Walk With Me”

every day is Down Syndrome Awareness Day
"A Child Is Waiting" . Burt Lancaster . Judy Garland . 1962

RegUS_PatOff > www.youtube.com/watch?v=oPAY2LsKVEw

Use the Appliantology Parts Search Box to Find What You Need!
Enter your model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

#22 Samurai Appliance Repair Man

Samurai Appliance Repair Man

Shōgun

• Master Samurai Tech
  • 29,807 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Sapporo Original Draft Rice Lager

Posted 30 December 2012 - 03:51 PM

Just read "your cheesedork customer qualification challenge for the frst time! Great stuff. Gonna frame, pilfer, borrow, and or post it. Damn! It's copyrighted...okay.....little modification here and there and.... tada! I got me a new "VELVETA-NERD CLIENT TEST!"

If it helps improve your profitability and the enjoyment of the service calls with your customers, please help yourself, Brother Durham.  

For copyright purposes, you may consider this post "prior written permission."   11.gif

#23 DurhamAppliance

DurhamAppliance

Sho' Nuff Chozin

• Grand Master Funk
  • 5,079 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Bells Two Hearted

Posted 30 December 2012 - 04:04 PM

> ... retarded
:unsure:  :ermm: :confused: :sad:

Did I see the beginning of a smile there somewhere? Even the all seeing eye can at least smirk.

Durham Appliance Thrift & Repair, LLC

www.DurhamApplianceThrift.com

#24 kdog

kdog

RoughShod

• Appliantology Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,465 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Dickens Cider

Posted 30 December 2012 - 10:03 PM

11.gif

Help us keep the lights on: buy appliance parts here ==> http://repairclinic.com

For service manuals and lots of other goodies, become an Apprentice ==> Apprenticeship

#25 DurhamAppliance

DurhamAppliance

Sho' Nuff Chozin

• Grand Master Funk
  • 5,079 posts

Posted 30 December 2012 - 10:27 PM

Wife visiting in-laws.....why not.......

Beavis___Butthead_-_Head_Banging.gif
Ya gotta play Sensei Kdog's video while watching this gif....makes you wanna bang your head!

Edited by DurhamAppliance, 30 December 2012 - 10:32 PM.

#26 DurhamAppliance

DurhamAppliance

Sho' Nuff Chozin

• Grand Master Funk
  • 5,079 posts

Posted 30 December 2012 - 11:14 PM

Ok....compose myself....back to the issue......My business partner is really good at dealing with the customer that wants to direct everything....he even had one customer who told him to "hold on a minute" returned with a toolbox and began to get on the floor to "help out. " My partner, for example, will take the case off a direct drive washer and strategically position it to block the customer. The customer would then quietly go into the next room.

#27 DanInKansas

DanInKansas

Kohai

• Professional Appliantologist
  • PipPipPip
  • 453 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Lion Imperial or Shiner Bock

Posted 31 December 2012 - 11:33 AM

Back to the problem at hand...

That's when you leave.  I've said this before elsewhere and I'll say again here:  When I'm on a service call, it's because someone has hired me to fix a problem.  I'm there to do a job.  I am not there to hold a class.  

If a customer tells me on the phone that they've already disassembled this or taken apart that, I will not schedule the job.  I do not work on partially "customer-ized" appliances.  Too much room to introduce weird errors and problems and guess who gets the blame?

I have been on a several jobs where I get there and the customer has either removed or partially disassembled the appliance.  I leave.  I don't charge them anything, I simply leave and I won't work for them again because 1) they didn't tell me on the phone that they did this and 2) they are not the kind of customer who would appreciate or see the value of my service; invariably, they turn out to be cheesedorks.  I cut my losses and move on to the next customer who may become a cheerleader.  

When I walk in and see wires dangling, pieces removed, etc., I tell the customer before starting work "I am going to leave this unit in the condition I found it."  I also explain that my ability to make a good diagnosis is compromised.  If they choose to have me go forward under those conditions, I continue work.

INVARIABLY, when I have the water valve or the fan or the control board back in, they will then ask me, "can you go ahead and put the whole thing back together?"  My response is always, "yes, for an additional labor charge."

#28 Sunlight Appliance

Sunlight Appliance

Sōhei

• Grasshoppah
  • PipPipPip
  • 209 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:RAW MILK. Yes, you sissies, I really drink it.

Posted 02 January 2013 - 07:16 PM

Thanks guys. You all sort of hijacked my thread.

Really great answers. I'll keep it all in mind and apply it next time. I need to start telling customers over the phone to just leave their appliances alone while they're waiting for me. Then if they tell me "well, we already opened it up," I may just need to turn down the job.

Crazy thread. Had fun reading through it.

Durham I see you.

STOP building government and START building business. :miner:

#29 Sunlight Appliance

Sunlight Appliance

Sōhei

• Grasshoppah
  • PipPipPip
  • 209 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:RAW MILK. Yes, you sissies, I really drink it.

Posted 02 January 2013 - 07:53 PM

Just finished reading the Cheesedorks qualifications. Samurai, you're not even the slightest bit wrong. Not cynical; just observant.

And in regard to them grouping me in the same category as government service providers, seriously, there are plenty of communist countries in the world. They need to move to one of them and quit destroying my free country.

When I'm out in the public I am always having to face the reality that I am one of just a handful of Americans who is not afraid of Freedom.

I'll defend the concept of "Free-market capitalism" 'til the day I die.

Or, should I say, the RIGHT to "Free-Market Capitalism." Thank you.

Edited by Sunlight Appliance, 02 January 2013 - 07:55 PM.

STOP building government and START building business. :miner:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Use the Appliantology Parts Finder to Get What You Need!
Enter a model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

Your Sometimes-Lucid Host:
Samurai Appliance Repair Man
"If I can't help you fix your appliance and make you 100% satisfied, I will come to your home and slice open my belly,
spilling my steaming entrails onto your floor."

The Appliance Guru | Master Samurai Tech

Real Time Analytics